Vectrus is expanding as an industry leader, providing professional services and support across both the government and the private sector. Our core competencies include engineering, logistics, IT and mission critical support services. We provide solutions to a broad range of customers including the DoD, DHS, IRS, FAA and the Intelligence Community.
We desire to fulfill immediate career announcements for 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) Modelers for the Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) Program and assimilate more expertise across the Engineering team at our Dahlgren, Virginia office. This action supports the Shipboard Electromagnetic Compatibility Improvement Program (SEMCIP) at the Electromagnetic Mission Assurance Center (EMAC).
• Core function will be to assist in the generation and maintenance of 3-dimensional computer-aided design (CAD) models of U.S. Navy ships and other structures. Models will be used by integrated topside design (ITD), total... ship electromagnetic environmental effects (TSE3), and computational electromagnetics (CEM) teams to ensure that the Navy and other customers receive a product that is effective, efficient, and electromagnetically compatible.
• Duties require computer interaction in an office environment plus on-site surveys on U.S. Navy ships or other, potentially remote sites.
• Responsible for importing existing CAD models into Autodesk Inventor format, creating new models in Inventor format, and making updates to existing models in Inventor format.
• Assist in the review of, and provide inputs for Navy ship topside design standards, such as antenna numbering standards.
• Works closely with other CAD personnel and personnel in the CEM Group to develop models that will be used for electromagnetic simulations of radio-frequency propagation involving shipboard antennas.
• Interacts with ITD personnel to determine the best locations for antennas and other systems on ships, providing updated drawings and model-based views from new and existing locations.
• Performs tasks per schedule and funding constraints.
• Attend customer meetings for to address, track and drive all 3D modeling issues and attended ship checks.
• Occasional travel within the Washington, DC metropolitan area and potential travel to shipyards and Fleet activities, including ships, squadron commands, and type commands.
• Other duties that may be assigned to meet company and departmental goals and objectives.
• Seek professional growth, earning higher qualifications, certifications and participate in continual training.
• All candidates must hold an active DoD Security Clearance.
• OSHA 10 required or willing to obtain.
• Possess a minimum of three years of 3D CAD experience performing parametric modeling using one or more of the following:
• Autodesk Inventor (two years of experience required)
• Creo Elements (Pro-E)
• Demonstrated experience that includes one or more of the following specific areas:
• Minimum of two years of experience with CAD Data management processes.
• Navy ship topside design standards, such as antenna numbering standards, importing existing CAD models into Autodesk inventor format, developing models that will be used for electromagnetic simulations of radio frequency propagation involving shipboard antennas, generate and maintain 3D CAD models of U.S. Navy ships and other structure for use ITD and CEM analyses which includes CAD model assemblies with greater than 100 components.
Skills and Abilities:
• Fully capable of reading and comprehending shipboard drawings.
• Full working knowledge of Windows desktop systems.
• Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Full working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk AutoCAD, or Dassault SolidWorks.
• Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in producing 2-D ship topside drawings in AutoCAD.
• Knowledge of the Leica ScanStation 3D laser scanning system and the Cyclone Point Cloud processing software is a plus.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/VeteranRead more