AR/VR Mobile Engineer
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and... inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
About Emerging Tech Team
The Emerging Tech team is passionate about solving customer and associate problems with the newest technologies. The team is responsible for creating breakthrough capabilities, delivering frictionless experiences and making these technologies easily available to thousands of Walmart developers and 2.2 million associates. The applications and services built on these capabilities are used by hundreds of millions of customers daily.
• Leads the discovery phase of medium to large Mobile Engineering projects by collaborating with cross-functional teams to determine project strategy; interpreting strategy into sustainable mobile solutions; and obtaining cross-functional approvals.
• Troubleshoots business and production issues for mobile devices by gathering and evaluating information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; analyzing issues based on expert knowledge of mobile devices and programming; formulating and implementing an action plan; interpreting results to determine further action; performing root cause analysis across
multiple mobile devices to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
• Provides mobile engineering support to the business by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); forecasting for future technologies; identifying short- and long-term solutions; facilitating resolution development; and leading cross-functional partnerships to implement resolutions.
• Leads small project teams for Mobile Engineering projects by providing direction regarding project plan; identifying short- and long-term solutions and timelines; providing guidance regarding project issues or roadblocks; reviewing and providing feedback for proposed solutions; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
enhancing design to prevent reoccurrence of defects across multiple devices; ensuring on-time delivery; and collaborating with project managers to provide guidance on project implementation plan.
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
• Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of iOS/Android platform experience
• 2+ years of programming experience in Swift/Kotlin
• 1+ years of experience in using ARKit/ARCore and Core Vision/ML Kit
• Deep understanding of various aspects of Mobile App Development
• Experience in integrating with REST based backend services
• Experience in working with large code bases and effectively driving large projects
• Experience in mentoring engineers and influencing other engineers across the organization
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Good problem-solving attitude and analytical skills
Preferred Additional Skills
• Experience in building Augmented Reality(AR) applications using Unity or other AR SDK’s
• Experience with Mixed Reality/Virtual Reality(Holo Lens, Gear, Occulus, Vive, Rift..)
• Experience in using 3D Modelling tools such as Maya, Blender
• Experience in Game Design, 3D modelling, 3D Computer Graphics is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purposeRead more