IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Agile Coach, you will be responsible to help teams... and leaders develop their Agile skills to rapidly become self-sufficient and benefit from Agile approaches. Agile Coach will support the start-up of teams/projects, gives advice to improve the application of Scrum throughout projects, and spreads the best practices. Also, you will promote and facilitates in a cohesive manner the adoption of Agility within teams and by organizations.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
• Be a people’s person who derives immense satisfaction and joy from helping people (and through them the organisation) grow and reach their potential
• Be comfortable working with globally distributed infrastructure engineering teams, product owners and Agile leads (Scrum Masters)
• Understand why and how Agile can help an organisation at an enterprise level and a team at the team level to become more responsive to business needs, more innovative
• Constantly be exploring the art of the possible in helping teams adopt agile, DevOps principles and practices
• Know Kanban, Scrum, Extreme Programming and Scaling Frameworks like Safe inside out
• Have practiced team development and have the ability to develop a coaching plan for a team
• Be able to demonstrate agile concepts & use of artefacts such as user stories, impact maps, story maps, big visible charts, planning, estimation, governance sessions, etc.
• Clearly explain the ‘why’ of the views you are articulating with practical examples (preferably from banking domain) so that participants experience agile as a logical/natural way of working as opposed to a theoretic possibility
• Have clarity of thought and expression and have the ability to influence team members at various stages of maturity and experience with agile and DevOps methods.
• To have done it and lived it before you teach it (minimum 5 years agile coaching required)
• Work with business stakeholders to help them understand their roles and responsibilities on an agile team and help them to play their role to its highest potential
• Help teams improve their visibility, communication and collaboration so that they move from doing agile to being agile
• Help teams move from output to outcomes and from delivering projects to delivering products
• Be the Agile SME for the teams teaching and coaching them on Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming, SAFE as relevant to their context and needs
• Encourage team autonomy & ownership so that they become less dependent on you
• Perform the traditional Scrum Master tasks as needed to support the team
• You will have the opportunity to shape the transformation across a large, reputed global brand and organization.
• You will influence CXO all the way down to a new joiner in your day to day work.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Minimum 10+ years IT experience, preferably in software development / delivery
• Minimum 2+ years as a Scrum Master and 3+ years as an Agile Coach
• Facilitate learning and development through individual and team coaching; deliver training, facilitate workshops and offsites
• Inspire and help teams to adopt Agile ways of working
• Provide hands on, practical guidance to teams on how to run agile ceremonies (daily stand-up, planning, retrospective, reviews) and craft artefacts such as user stories, how to split user stories, how to estimate, how to provide feedback to each other, etc.
• Pair with team members to create/modify their Jira projects, Kanban boards, use data provided by Jira to help focus teams on improvement items
• Facilitate, encourage, show teams how to continuously learn and improve
• Help break down silos within a team, across teams in a department, across departments and geographies to help the organization collaborate better
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience of screening, training, coaching and faculty knowledge (preferred)
• Experience int multiple agile framework
• Someone who:
• Is not a fundamentalist about a specific Agile framework or method
• Can cope with failure
• Is not afraid to be disruptive
• Is open minded to understand different perspectives
• Can deal with other Agile Leads and Agile coachesRead more