As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career... path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM’s Cloud Services are focused on supporting clients on their cloud journey across any platform to achieve their business goals. It encompasses Cloud Advisory, Architecture, Cloud Native Development, Application Portfolio Migration, Modernization, and Rationalization as well as Cloud Operations.
• Cloud Services supports all public/private/hybrid Cloud deployments:
• IBM Bluemix/IBM Cloud/Red Hat/AWS/ Azure/Google and client private environments.
• Cloud Services has the best Cloud developer architect Complex SI, Sys Ops and delivery talent delivered through our GEO CIC Factory model.
• As a member of our Cloud Practice you will be responsible for defining and implementing application cloud migration, modernisation and rationalisation solutions for clients across all sectors. You will support mobilisation and help to lead the quality of our programmes and services, liaise with clients and provide consulting services including:
• Create cloud migration strategies; defining delivery architecture, creating the migration plans, designing the orchestration plans and more.
• Assist in creating and executing of migration run books
• Evaluate source cloud (Physical¨ Virtual and Cloud) and target Workloads.
• Bring together and define migration requirements.
• Use troubleshooting skills and work closely with operations, support, and or other functions to ensure successful migrations.
• Maintain and improve processes, tools, and documentation that will support production security requirements in the best manner possible
• Hardening security designs as part of architectural design reviews
• You will work with clients to define and create solutions for application cloud migration modernization and rationalisation
• Working knowledge of and experience working with common Application Security Tools e.g. (Fortify, AppScan, WebInspect, etc.)
• Prior experience working in a fast-paced agile development environment
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 10+ years’ experience in IT industry
• Minimum 2+ years of experience in developing applications on cloud (preferably GCP)
• Expertise in loosely coupled design, Micro-services development, Message queues and containerized applications deployment using technologies like RESTful services, Message Queues, and Docker
• Proven experience in data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval
• Expert programming skills in Java, Python, Spring/Spring Boot, Angular and Native Mobile technology stack
• Experience working with Cloud pub/sub, cloud functions, cloud storage, cloud dataflow, APIGEE, cloud API, App engine, Kafka, GKE, SQL & NoSQL databases etc.
• Validated knowledge in working with Azure or AWS or Google Cloud, Git, Jenkins, Maven, CI/CD pipeline
• Ability to work closely with Product Managers and Owners for understanding the functional and technical requirements
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Good to have cloud developer certification (AWS/Azure/GCP) but not mandatory
• Creative problem-solving skills and superb communication Skill.
• Good to have GCP security engineer certification but not mandatory
• Prior experience working with financial services organization (preferably bank) is a big plus
• Ability to respond to technical queries / requests from team members and customers
• You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
• Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
• Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
• Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publicationsRead more