As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career... path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Envision how people experience products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and magical
• Tackle complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of customers around the world (novice to expert)
• Collaborate with researchers, engineers and product managers throughout design process - from creating research protocols, personas, scenarios, information architecture and wireframes to building user interface prototypes
• At each stage, must anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
• Min of 3+ years of experience in android app development
• You will use your expertise in application development to evaluate and select development methods, processes, standard methodologies and tools
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 2+ years’ experience developing software in Objective-C, Java, C, C++, or C#
• 2+ years Object Oriented programming experience or equivalent education
• Experience in iterative software development environments (Agile, Kanban)
• Experience with Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration and other Agile practices
• Good experience in using Apple's XCode for software development
• Experience in standard debugging techniques such as logging, LLDB, and/or Instruments to localize and correct software defects.
• Understanding of the challenges related to mobile development including battery and radio usage as well as CPU and memory constraints.
• Understanding of common design patterns including Model-View-Controller.
• Hands on experience using smartphones and/or tablets preferably iPhone and/or iPad.
• Strong understanding of ARC as it relates to iOS Memory Management, including the concepts of strong vs weak.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Ability to design/develop/support new/existing apps, and perform unit testing and integration testingRead more