As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career... path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As the Middleware Modernization Specialist, you will be responsible to design and develop tools and assets solutions for commercial Middleware modernization. You are a technical SME, working with technical resources and project stakeholders to shape, implement and enable the cloud native transformation. The successful candidate will have deep hands-on experience with commercial/Opensource Middleware, database and Cloud technology.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Design and develop Middleware modernization assets and tool(s) strategy
• Develop solutions for middleware modernization into container platform through modular design
• Support campaign definition and Go-to-Market execution
• Design and Perform Middleware Application Server Modernization
• Perform Cloud Container replatform and refactor based on Modernization Architecture
• Known as SME, with proven track record driving pattern identification and analysis of the middleware workloads, migrated & modernized to the target Cloud environment
• Participate in identifying application module-based System of Engagement (SOE), System of Interactions (SOI), and System of Record (SOR)
• Acts as a Trusted advisor for the client by listening to their pain points.
• Engages with client teams to co-create and implement Cloud Modernization strategy by identifying need for containerization, API, microservices creation or other forms of Modernization.
• Interfaces with stakeholders to clarify technical status in a clear and concise manner
• Demonstrate innovation across the solution and delivery phases by participating in Design thinking workshops and leveraging Agile methodologies
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 7+ years of project experience in middleware Specialist in Mulesoft and 2+ years in hybrid cloud or app cloud modernization.
• Deep hands-on experience in applications integration using Open-Source and commercial middleware with expertise in MuleSoft.
• Other Areas of expertise might include in Tibco, Oracle WebLogic, JBoss, Open Liberty
• Hands-on experience with databases such as Oracle DB, MySQL or PostgreSQL,
• Experience in DevSecOps, containerization and container management
• Knowledge in OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud, Foundry or container security
• Experience with cloud relevant application development such as microservices and full-stack development
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Opensource or Cloud based Middleware product suites and databases- Talend, SAP Hana, Fuse on OpenShfit, Tomcat, Weblogic, Fuse, JBOSS, Adobe, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
• Knowledge in Middleware product suites and databases such as Talend, Software AG, Talend, ActiveMQ, API3Scale, Fuse, MongoDB or Couchbase
• Experience on ETL, ESB and BPMs or Messaging (such as Kafka, Kafka Connect)
• Experience coding in Java, Java Enterprise Edition (JEE/J2EE), Spring and/or Spring Boot
• Experience with Event Driven Architecture
• Certified Cloud Architect for at least one cloud provider: AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, or Google Cloud
• Team player and team leadership
• Hands-on styleRead more