As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career... path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Application Developer- RedHat Cloud Microservices, you will develop microservices based applications or migrate existing monolith applications into Microservices based architecture.
• You are responsible for E2E solution & delivery for modernisation of legacy applications (Monolithic, mainframe, iSeries, Solaris, VAX/VMS based) to cloud-native architecture targeted for OpenShift Container Platform
• Defines target state blueprint & modernisation approach including integration, co-existence & testing
• Collaborates with Business SMEs to ensure capture of functional requirements/parity during modernisation
• Directs tool-based discovery, analysis and insights of legacy applications, identification of modernisation increments & definition of the overall modernisation roadmap
• Leads modernisation design activities using best practices, design patterns & reference architectures & hybrid integration with legacy systems
• Leads Development activities to ensure adherence to architecture & design decisions, deliverable quality
• Understands basic architecture of Openshift and it’s setup on IBM or other platforms.You will be working on cloud-based application development.
• You will be creating, recreating, rewriting and refactor applications.
• Cloud Microservices Developer needs to understand design principles of a 12-factor app, and design and develop applications based on these principles.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Minimum 6+ years of experience in IT industry.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in working on Openshift services.
• Expertise in modernisation pathways, techniques. Expert on Microservices, Design Patterns, API Specification & implementation on IBM /equivalent API management products
• Proficient in deployment & configuration of cloud-native components on OpenShift. Familiar with devOps tools like Jenkins, Sonarcube, Artifactory , configuration & issue management tools
• Experience in Java, Springboot, Spring Cloud attributes, Microservices communications (Asynchronous or Synchronous), circuit breakers, service discovery, API gateway, Hibernate, RDBMS or No Sql DB
• In-depth knowledge of containerization.
• Experience building applications on RedHat OpenShift based platform components and services. Is conversant with Openshift Service Catalogue and has expertise in RedHat runtimes.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
• Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
• Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
We always believe that it is deeply important to have the right person for the right job and you are a flawless fit to this strategy. We want people with an openness and ability to learn and who are ready to put good ideas into action. So, go ahead, and grab the opportunities – we wish you outstanding success in your career and inspire you to bring your best self to work with IBMRead more