About this role
Are you interested in building innovative technology that shapes the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup, and tackling some of the world’s most interesting challenges? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
At BlackRock, we are looking for Software Engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique... skills, curiosity, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
Cash Client Flows Team is the part of the Aladdin Product Group responsible for the core systems used to manage the money-flow lifecycle which drives the core investment process. Our primary objective is to ensure that systems are highly scalable to support ongoing business demands and increases in flow activity. There is regular interaction with transfer agents, portfolio managers, business operations groups and client management. The team is responsible for delivering technology solutions that support the end-to-end investment process for all regions and has individuals across the globe. Our development team is responsible for the full software development lifecycle from analysis to implementation as well as supporting our production environment. Team members are located around the global; including London, India.
Job Purpose/ Responsibilities
This position is for an experienced full stack developer to join the team building Aladdin’s core platform application. The team is responsible for delivering technology solutions that support the end-to-end investment process for all regions and has individuals across the globe. The team works on green field projects consisting of Java servers, a web front end and enterprise technologies such as messaging, caching and coordination.
• Deliver software solutions to time, budget and quality. He or she should have the desire to interact directly with portfolio management, trade and business operations globally.
• Be passionate about building full stack solutions that are resilient, secure and scalable to function in a global intensive business environment.
• Be flexible and have an ability to work on multiple ongoing initiatives at different stages of their project lifecycle
• Partner with BAs, users and tech leads to design and engineer the best solutions
• Be involved in all aspects of the SDLC
• Ensure best practices are adhered to with a passion for clean, maintainable code regardless of technology.
Qualification & Essentials:
The ideal candidate will have a background in delivering low latency, concurrent and fault tolerant software. They will have demonstrated the ability to make architectural decisions and understand business processes to deliver the cleanest solutions.
• 5 - 8 years of extensive experience with multi-tier transactional architecture and design
• Extensive experience in enterprise software development in Java and Web Development stacks (Angular, HTML & CSS)
• Experience using Python - additional advantage.
• Experience using Agile methodologies – previous experience working from a backlog, sprints, retrospectives etc.
• Passionate about test driven, clean code, automatically tested and continuous deployment
• Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work in a global team-environment
• Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and learn quickly
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to present and convey ideas
• Strong attention to detail; action-oriented attitude, and willingness to roll up sleeves
• Curious to explore emerging technologies and learn new things
Beneficial / Good to have:
• Experience working with SWIFT and FIX messaging
• Relational Database such Sybase, Cassandra
• Event / Stream processing technologies such as Kafka
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance lawRead more