About this role
You can work at one of the world’s top FinTech companies. We sell our Aladdin analytics platform to over 100 of the top global financial institutions and corporations, handling many trillion USD of assets.
You can help build quantitative financial models and portfolio analytics that in-turn helps managing most of the money of the world’s largest asset manager.
You can bring all yourself to the job. From the top of the firm down we embrace the values, identities... and ideas brought by our employees.
We are looking for curious people with a strong background in writing excellent code, awesome problem-solving skills, insatiable appetite for learning and innovating, adding to BlackRock’s vibrant tech culture.
If any of this excites you, we are looking to expand our team. We currently have open roles in the liquidity and trading analytics team within the Financial Modeling Group (FMG) in Gurgaon/Mumbai . We are rebuilding our Analytics platform, and this is the best time to join the team if you want to contribute to our platform, influence our architecture, cloud strategy and transform the way we deliver Analytics to our clients
The FMG is a diverse and global team with a keen interest and expertise in all things related to technology and financial analytics. The group is responsible for the research and development of quantitative financial models and tools across many different areas – single-security pricing, prepayment models, risk, return attribution, liquidity, optimization and portfolio construction, scenario analysis and simulations, etc. – and covering all asset classes. The group is also responsible for the technology platform that delivers those models to our internal partners and external clients, and their integration with Aladdin. FMG conducts leading research on the areas above, delivering state-of-the-art models. FMG publishes applied scientific research frequently, and our members present regularly at leading industry conferences. FMG engages constantly with the sales team in client visits and meetings.
Background and Responsibilities
The role is for a key member of the FMG Portfolio Modeling Analytics team.
FMG Portfolio Modeling Analytics team uses multiple technologies (Java/J2EE, Python, R) and provides stable, scalable platform with appropriate standards and procedures to support the diverse nature and demands of a wide range of investment teams and clients.
• B.Tech/BE degree in Computer Science or other relevant field. An advanced degree is a plus.
• Good understanding of core Java programming, multi-threading and understanding of Java Memory model. Practical experience programming and knowledge of code optimization
• Understanding of building models to solve problems including time series forecasting, clustering problems and hands on experience with a range of statistical and machine learning approaches is a plus
• Strong background in Mathematics: statistics, probability, linear algebra is a big plus.
• Previous experience or knowledge in pricing or market liquidity is not required but a big plus.
• Previous experience with Cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS, Azure) and working for top Tech companies is a big plus.
• Experience with UNIX operating system and relational databases.
• Ability and willingness to learn fast, multi-task, self-motivate and pick up new things easily
• Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with teams across geographies (New York, Budapest, Mumbai,Gurgaon)
For experienced professionals, this position is a unique opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of the asset management process in a world-class organization.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance lawRead more