The Red Hat Customer Content Services (CCS) team is looking for an Associate Manager to join a team of technical writers in Pune, India. As part of a global team, you will work with your peers around the world to implement our strategic initiatives and develop customer-centric content that supports Red Hat's subscriber base. Ideally, you should have experience managing teams in a high-tech, fast-paced environment combined with passion for improving customer experience. As an Associate Manager, you will play a crucial role in guiding the work and direction of the team to create content that is technical, engaging, and easy-to-use.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Partner with the documentation program managers and content strategists to ensure that project needs are met to satisfaction
• Motivate your team to be fully engaged and productive by ensuring, through coordination with the documentation program manager, that each associate has appropriate, challenging assignments... that will contribute to team and departmental goals
• Provide direction, coaching, and mentoring to increase the capabilities and effectiveness of your team associates, to develop their competencies, and to ensure that they are meeting the goals and expectations of their roles
• Develop understanding of customer needs and company goals in order to organize and coach the team to effectively meet them
• Ensure that proper staffing levels are provided for the teams as development demands grow and new offering lines are added through continual discussion and assessment with documentation program managers and CCS management
• Coordinate with your peers around the world to ensure global collaboration and consistency in the management of content tasks
• Coordinate with our Content Strategy team and your global peers to guide our strategic change initiatives through your team's daily work
• Facilitate and maintain collaboration efforts between technical writers and customer-facing technical associates like the Customer Experience and Engagement (CEE) team and other field associates
• 2+ years of experience managing and leading a team of technical writers in an enterprise software organization
• Demonstrated record of improving internal or external customer experiences
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate with teams from other regions of the world
• Experience with and passion for guiding change and continual improvement
• Bachelor's degree in information technology (IT), business, technical communications, or a related field is a plus
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a feeRead more