To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Marketing
At MuleSoft, the Industry Product Marketing team is responsible for creating the industry strategy across the company’s strategic verticals. MuleSoft is investing in Industries and you’ll be at the hub of the company-wide transformation and strategy. We are looking for an industry product marketing... leader to support our global strategy for our Public Sector vertical.
Core responsibilities include:
• Defining an industry strategy that focuses MuleSoft on the highest opportunity market segments and use cases across regional, state and local government agencies
• Developing and refining foundational Public Sector messaging to be used by the broader marketing and sales organization
• Leading a cross-functional team across Marketing, Sales, Sales Enablement, and Alliances teams to develop and execute the industry strategy for Public Sector
• Partnering with our product team to drive the development and launch of industry-specific products in support of our industry strategy
• Driving thought leadership in the Public Sector industry and evangelizing the value of MuleSoft and integration
• Establishing executive relationships with strategic technology partners for Public Sector
• Crafting high-impact marketing assets to help source and close pipeline
• Driving customer validation of our value proposition in Public Sector
The ideal candidate for this role is an expert communicator who blends industry expertise and strategic acumen with the willingness to drive hands-on, tactical execution of marketing activities. The location preference for the role is San Francisco but open to other locations.
30-60-90 day plan:
• 30-day: Within your first 30 days, you will acquire a functional understanding of MuleSoft’s product and value proposition, as well as how marketing at MuleSoft works. You will also familiarize yourself with the Public Sector integration market through self-study and by building relationships with key industry stakeholders at MuleSoft.
• 60-day: Within your first 60 days, you will have performed a market analysis to prioritize the highest opportunity market segments and sales plays for MuleSoft across Public Sector. You will craft an integrated industry strategy for addressing these market segments and sales plays.
• 90 day: Within your first 90 days, you will have developed foundational messaging and marketing assets in service of the industry strategy you have developed. You will continue to build and establish subject matter expertise in Public Sector within MuleSoft.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 3-5 years of experience working for or with government agencies, higher education institutions or non-profit organizations in a marketing or consulting capacity
• Demonstrated experience developing high-impact product positioning, messaging, and marketing assets
• Keen interest in technology and basic familiarity with technical concepts (e.g. APIs)
• A consistent track record of rapidly learning and mastering new skills
• Creative and innovative thinking with a willingness to take risk, fail fast, iterate and learn
• Proven ability to drive cross-functional collaboration across diverse sets of stakeholders
• Strong public speaking skills and ability to develop compelling customer-facing presentations.
• Ability to develop effective sales training materials, making it easy for sales to understand our product offerings and key positioning
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction recordsRead more