Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Travelers is seeking an Associate Software Engineer... to join our organization as we grow and transform our Technology landscape. Individual will work as part of a team to complete basic end to end software engineering tasks.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Perform basic analysis, development, testing, debugging, configuration, incident investigation, documentation, health monitoring/alerting, and implementing based on and related to user or system design specifications.
• Work within guidelines set by team to independently tackle well-scoped problems.
• Seek opportunities to expand technical knowledge and capabilities.
• Bachelors degree or its equivalent in work experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
• Two years of programming/development experience preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
• Experience with .NET MVC is heavily preferred and experience with .NET Core is a plus.
• Experience with a MERN stack.
• Experience working with AWS is a plus.
• Experience working with highly collaborative, Agile teams.
• Delivery - Developing delivery skills including the ability to participate in team planning, learn to estimate work efforts, assist in the application of designated software design strategy and methodology, test work following relevant examples including automation, take ownership of work after release, quickly addressing issues as they arise and collect and incorporate feedback throughout the process.
• Domain Expertise - Emerging domain expertise including the ability to learn from research, others and through asking thoughtful questions, open to seizing opportunities to increase knowledge.
• Problem Solving - Standard problem solving skills including the ability to debug familiar code or systems easily, recognize when own knowledge or experience is lacking and reach out for guidance and approach each new task as an opportunity to learn, continually applying prior learnings to new challenges.
• Communication - Good communication skills with the ability to articulate thoughts/ideas clearly, collaborate with team members in various roles and document new learnings and solutions for others benefit.
• Leadership - Emerging leadership potential including the ability to accept direction and guidance while learning what traits are valuable in a leader, be transparent about what you do not understand and need help with, and communicate this to the appropriate parties, and receive feedback with an eye towards improving.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email (TAPHYREQ@travelers.com) so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this postingRead more