Location: Noida, IndiaThales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze... vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.Thales has been present in India since 1953 and has a wholly-owned Indian subsidiary Thales India Pvt Ltd. Headquartered in New Delhi, the company has other operational offices and sites in Gurugram, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, among others. Over 600 employees are working with Thales and its joint ventures in India. Since the beginning, Thales has been playing an essential role in India’s growth story by sharing its technologies and expertise in Defence, Transport, Aerospace and Security markets.
In order to ease the on-boarding of the MCS projects to the public Cloud environments and technologies, the DES Cloud Services team started a cloud Blueprint initiative a couple of years ago. This Blueprint is providing infrastructures and services ready to use by DES development and operational teams, letting them focus on the development of their Business micro-service. The Blueprint is composed of several layers:
- Layer #1: IaC (Infrastructure as Code) scripts enabling to setup a standard architecture based on several Kubernetes clusters and several database services ( MySQL , Postgres and Cassandra ), fully compatible with the constraints and security requirements of the “landing zone” and CD pipelines defined by our transversal Cloud Operations team. While Layer #1 implementation is specific to the underlying Cloud Provider technologies and services, it allows project teams to deploy their application/micro-services on a standard and secured Kubernetes infrastructure, independently from the underlying public Cloud Provider. Two implementations of this Layer #1 exists: on AWS and on GCP .
- Layer #2: at application level, on top of Layer #1, deployment of an application composed of micro-services requires to use a deployment technology and to homogenize the usage of this technology. Moreover, a micro-service architecture brings new problems such as API Management, requests authentication, application configuration (and in particular the protection of the sensitive data of such a configuration), etc. The Layer #2 of the Blueprint provides these guidelines, technology choices, and technical components that address these common application patterns.
- Layer #2 intends to be agnostic to the Public Cloud provider. It just requires the presence of a Layer #1 (or even simply a Docker/Kubernetes infrastructure).
We are looking to hire an engineer for our DIS (Digital Identity & Security)/ MCS (Mobile connectivity services) Competency Center in Noida that would be in charge of this Blueprint Layer #1 on AWS . This role will be part of Digital Engineering & Services group, attached to Cloud Services group.
All infrastructure and application deployment scripts are written using AWS CloudFormation , lambda functions developed in Python and Ansible scripts. Deployed architecture is notably using RDS, EFS, S3, KMS services additionally to main AWS components (EC2, Security groups, IAM, Route 53, Elastic Load Balancers, Virtual Private Cloud …). Kubernetes clusters are deployed through EKS service and add-ons are deployed using Helm charts.
As AWS Integrator you will
- Enrich the AWS blueprint with new business & operational requirements
- Deliver deployment and upgrade procedure to AWS Blueprint users
- Ensure Operability of AWS blueprint
- Interact with worldwide engineering teams (US, Brazil, France, Czech Republic, China, Singapore) using AWS blueprint to ensure proper supportto fix issues related to the AWS blueprint usage
- Maintain a visibility of your roadmap under Jira
- Adapt the blueprint to AWS changes, EOL and announcements
- Adapt the blueprint to our Cloud Operations team processes changes
- Manage training sessions to our project teams
- Ensure proper documentation and communication (Confluence)
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- Cloud languages and tools to setup Cloud ServicesDeep knowledge and hands-on experience in AWS CloudFormation , Lambda, CodeCommit and AWS CLI (must have)Practical experience in Continuous Deployment, rolling upgrades, change management using infrastructure as code (must have)Knowledge in Terraform stacks development, AWS Service Catalog usage and Gitlab CI pipelines would be welcome (nice to have)
- AWS ServicesDeep knowledge and hands-on experience in AWS EKS cluster setups and upgrades (must have)Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in AWS architecture and core services deployment and upgrades: Availability zones, EC2, Auto scaling, Elastic Load balancing, Security groups, EBS, RDS, S3,IAM, Route 53 (must have)AWS Solutions Architect Certified (Associated) would be welcome (good to have)
- Kubernetes setup, management and toolsDeep knowledge and hands-on experience in Kubernetes (must have)Elasticity, Auto scaling at pods and nodes level (good to have)Security policies, IAM role mapping (good to have)Application deployment using Helm v2 & v3 (good to have)Backup management (nice to have)
- Computer infrastructures common ecosystem & languagesUnderstanding of computer infrastructure, networking, storage and Docker containerization technologies (must have)Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in Linux operating system (must have)Experience in Shell , Python and Ansible scripting (good to have)
- Database technologiesHands-on experience on Cassandra (must have)Experience in MySQL, Postgres and MongoDB would be appreciated (nice to have)
- Cloud monitoringKnowledge in Datadog would be welcome (nice to have)
- Fluent English. French is a bonus
- Autonomous, Curious & team player
- Ability to work within a team
- Good communication and inter-personal interaction skills
- Problem solving mindset
- Capable of listening and interact with users (worldwide) and either solve their immediate problems or propose a new features to fit their needs
- Must be a quick learner and adapt to new tools and technologies
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start hereRead more