AWS is seeking Specialist Solutions Architects for the AWS Managed Services team. You will be working with customers from initial interest, requirements gathering, solutioning with AWS and AWS Managed Services technologies, and ensuring customers successfully onboard and realize meaningful, scaled, production outcomes operating with AWS Managed Services.
To do this, you'll work closely with AWS service teams, other solutions architecture specialists, AWS partner teams, and AWS customer account teams to ensure customer success. You will work hand-in-hand with executives, though to customer engineers on opportunities to improve customers' IT services.
You must possess customer facing skills that enable you to represent AWS well within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding solution fit, program delivery, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about... business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of the efficiencies, cost savings and quick innovation available in the AWS cloud.
• Advocate for customer outcomes throughout the sales and onboarding processes
• Lead pre-sales technical conversations supporting customer and partner diligence processes
• Ensure sales, SA, delivery, and engineering teams are trained and enabled
• Ensure customer onboarding project success working closely with delivery teams
• Package learnings into repeatable technical frameworks and deliverables
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as white papers
• Experience leading technical project execution
• Knowledge of networking and access protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory
• Knowledge of IT Operations Process Design
• Application architecture design
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field
• Experience developing of a full infrastructure stacks from the OS up through custom applications
• Knowledge of common operations and security frameworks
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment
• Presentation skills; high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• Written communication skills
• Experience with AWS service offerings
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizationsRead more