TITLE: Azure DevOps Engineer
REPORTING MANAGER: DevOps Architect
The Azure DevOps Engineer is responsible for supporting the development and release pipelines for delivery of code to various environments for the organization. They will work with team members closely in release planning, coding, scripting, testing and deployment to maximize automation and high quality delivery of product to various environments.
The ideal candidate is passionate about software , enjoys working on a variety of platforms and projects, has a keen eye for detail, highly organized with a learning mindset and can work as part of a team and also independently.
· Contributes to Release planning decisions aligning deployment processes with project needs
· Configures environments, tools, services in support of the product development.
· Develops and maintains deployment and automation scripts to deliver CI/CD capabilities
· Accelerates deployment with... continuous monitoring and configuration management tools.
· Deploys new modules, upgrades or patches within the production environment
· Conducts application performance management activities to ensure continuous high performing application performance and scalability
· Collaborates across developers as part of a SCRUM team ensuring collective team productivity
· Participates in peer reviews and QA processes to drive higher quality
· Leverages agreed code and design practices including the use of standard frameworks
· Works on troubleshooting and debugging of applications
· Experience with Azure DevOps automation technologies, products and services, especially in infrastructure as code, application and microservices development, automation and scripting.
· Hands on development experience in full life cycle of complex software deployment projects
· Experience with SOA, Microservices, RESTful Web Services, Windows Services, ASP.NET MVC, WebAPI, Threading, LINQ, Lambda Expressions, Generics
· Experience on C#, T-SQL, Visual Studio, Git
· Experience in with Azure Devops, BitBucket, Octopus Deploy, Github, Jenkins
· Experience in CI/CD and Provisioning tools (Azure Resource Manager, Azure Pipelines, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, etc)
· Experience operating version control platforms (Azure Devops Repos, Github, Bitbucket, Gitlab, etc)
· Strong understanding and experience with REST API’s, both consuming and developing
· Supporting internal and external customer across multiple platforms.
· Developing tools and processes to improve the overall customer experiences
· Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
· Thoughtful practitioner of software engineering methodologies, frameworks and tools including leading Agile/Scrum (or similar) methodologies
· Understanding of cloud security
· Practical experience in at least one of the following programming languages – C#, Python, Node.JS, Ruby, Java, PHP etc.
· Experience with enterprise application integration and frameworks
· Experience with the Azure Services, Functions, Logic Apps, WebJobs, ServiceBus, Storage, etc
· Experience with of NoSQL, Caching and high volume application performance
· Desirable, but not required:
· Knowledge of full stack technology concepts from hardware, O/S, Software platforms to UI layers
· Experience with HTML5, jQuery, VueJS, Angular, and other front end web based technologies.
· Experience with visual modeling tools including UML
· Experience building web-enabled/mobile applications
· Leadership Skills
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work within a team environment
· Can zoom from big picture to detail
· Creative thinking, problem solving, and decision making
· Takes initiative and is a self starter
· Can work and collaborate effectively remotely
· Able to ramp-up quickly
· Ability to direct collaborative efforts of multiple teams
· Experience with appropriate organization complexity
· Experience with appropriate organization size
· Teaching / Coaching Skills
· Strong writing, presentation, and documentation skillRead more