Posted: May 3, 2021
Do you love solving sophisticated challenges and are passionate about data? We are seeking an inventive, self-starter who takes pride in seeing ideas come to life on a global scale. If this is you, come check out our Apple Cloud Services team! We get to influence data led decisions that touch billions of Apple’s customers every day.
This is a hands-on Full Stack Big Data Engineer role responsible for building the next-generation libraries... platforms and data pipelines. You will develop data engineering assets and entities to empower self-serve of data products.
You will work closely with multi-functional teams such as marketing, finance, product engineering teams, understand their processes and analytic needs and provide insights that benefit Apple.
This is a small and outstanding technology team passionate about addressing all the big-data processing needs for iCloud. We are developing a platform that can accomplish any task with an intuitive, simple to use user interface, and easy deployment to production. Come check us out!
• 5 years of professional experience with Big Data systems, pipelines, data processing and reporting
• 3+years programming experience, preferably in Java or Scala
• Deep expertise in Data Principles, Data Architecture & Data Modeling
• Practical hands-on experience with technologies like Apache Hadoop, Apache Hive & Apache Spark
• Proficiency in data processing using technologies like Spark Streaming, Spark SQL, or Map/Reduce
• Expert level experience in writing sophisticated analytical queries on Bigdata using SQL, Hive
• Understanding on various distributed file formats such as Apache AVRO, Apache Parquet and common methods in data transformation
• Ability to understand API Specs, identify relevant API calls, extract/transform data and implement SQL friendly data structures
• Knowledge on basic computer science algorithms, data structures and distributed algorithms to process and mine data
• Proven understanding of source control software (SVN or Git)
• Good debugging, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills: ability to interact and work well with members of other functional groups in a project team and a strong sense of project ownership
• Experience with visualization, data mining, or statistical tools is a plus
- Build optimized data model for faster access of data in the Bigdata world
- Build data engineering assets using Scala, Spark, Hive and other big data SQL technologies
- Operationalize the data engineering workflows
- Prepare data for visualization, ad-hoc exploration, reporting, and further analysis
Education & Experience
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or information management plus 4+ years of experience, or MS degree plus 2+ years, or equivalent.
Additional RequirementsRead more