Job Title: Bigdata Python Developer
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and... Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Compliance - Surveillance Python developer with knowledge in Python, Database, Agile methodologies and Continuous Integration, for BARCLAYS GLOBAL SERVICE CENTRE PRIVATE LIMITED, Pune.
This position will operate across the Global Compliance Technology arm of the bank, with the aim of ensuring that all regulatory, risk and control functions within the bank comply with new or amended regulatory requirements.
We are looking to add an experienced Python Developer to our qualified and diverse development team. The candidate chosen will analyse, develop or enhance applications with all standard controls in agile environment. The developer will be responsible for code development, modifications and will work very closely with key stakeholders, leads.
What will you be doing?
• Ensure solutions and engineering delivery in the Java area using the best technology feasible. This includes hand on coding in a fully Agile environment.
• Ensure good code coverage
• Working with key stakeholders and colleagues in India as well as US to ensure goals are understood, the protocols are adhered to, and strong engineering capability delivered.
• Working as part of a team, encourage innovation & best practices.
• Deploy and test developed components on lower environments and prepare production releases
What we’re looking for:
• Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design using Java or any other Language
• Experience in Java 1.8
• Clear understanding of OOPs and software design constructs & their implementation using Java.
• Understanding of Elastic Search, Django, NoSQL would be an add-on
• Strong DevOps concepts and understanding of Open source cloud technologies
• Experience in Build tools like, Maven/Gradle etc.
• Excellent ability to communicate effectively with Business & IT development teams
• Demonstrated experience of designing and executing data related projects using relevant frameworks
• Exposure working across Compliance/ Risk programs is preferred
Skills That will help you in the role;
• Minimum Bachelors or equivalent degree from a recognized university
• Good understanding of Python, SQL, stored procedures
• Strong understanding of Systems Development Lifecycle
• Experience with CI and build tools such as TeamCity, Nolio
• Good understanding of SCM tools like GIT, JIRA etc.
• Quick learner; strong analytical and problem-solving skills and should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with usRead more