At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Chief Architect is an IBM senior technical position assigned to... one or more Strategic Outsourced (SO) accounts (Retail Account - Atlanta metro). He or she is part of the senior account leadership team for the designated account(s) and works closely with the account team and senior executives.
The role is client facing and the Chief Architect requires a strong and trusted relationship with the customer to understand the challenges, desired outcomes and success criteria for their business. The Chief Architect must understand – and often contribute to – the customer’s technical strategy, and helps translate this into IBM strategy and communicates this with the account team.
The Chief Architect also has a leadership role within IBM providing technical leadership, mentoring and governance to the team of architects working on the account.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Representing IBM to the designated customer Account(s) as their trusted technical advisor
• Providing functional leadership to the team of architects working on the designated customer Account(s)
• Providing architectural governance functions, often in the form of chairing governance forums such as a Design Authority (DA) or Architectural Review Board (ARB)
• Representing IBM within the customer(s) technical governance forums, such as customer DAs or ARBs
• Helping to ensure customer, IBM and Account policies are being followed and implemented
• Having a view of new and incremental business requiring technology support (RFS) on the Account
• Reviewing and understanding customer strategic plans and documents
• Owning the creation of the IBM Technology Plan for the Account(s)
• Identifying and driving sales opportunities with the sales team
• Providing technical and career mentoring for architects working on the Account
• Assuming additional responsibilities as assigned
• Participate in the creation (or lead/own as appropriate), client approval and execution of the Client Delivery Plan
• Represent the architectural results of CDP to the customer
• Assumes leadership responsibilities commensurate with the rest of the senior account team
The Macy’s account is Mainframe centric, so a solid Mainframe background with Mainframe Modernization experience is key. Ability to communicate at the executive level, and to lead delivery teams is also critical.
Professional knowledge of function, business unit or country operations. Understand organizational resources, priorities, needs and policies.
Guide other professionals. Adapt communications and approaches to conclude negotiations with various partners, resulting in common agreements.
Analyze complex/new situations, anticipate potential problems and future trends, assess opportunities, impacts, and risks. Develop and implement solutions.
Leads multi-functional teams or conducts special projects. Influences people and organizations, including executive management, when issues are complex/difficult and require considerable diplomacy. Considerable latitude in responsibilities to define and decide on tools, processes, priorities and resources following general business unit directives. Recognized as an expert in their field. Often no precedent exists.
Impact on Business/Scope:
Accountable for projects or programs involving multi- functional, country-wide or regional teams. Responsible for overall functional program success. Activities are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, and impact functional, business unit, or country costs or expenses.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Apply Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture / Mainframe Environment
• Apply Knowledge of Systems Engineering Process Methodology
• Understand IBM GTS and GBS service products & offerings and IBM Brand products
• Understand and apply knowledge of IT service management processes eg. ITIL/ITUP
• Understand and apply knowledge of IBM standard architectural frameworks eg. GDA/GSAR
• Understand IBM delivery capability and processes
• Setting Technical Direction
• Lead Strategy/Design/Implementation of Solution
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Architect Certification, C-Suite Level Communication Skills
Retail IT Infrastructure experienceRead more