How you will help
As a part of our SysOps team, you will assist in supporting the infrastructure that hosts our data analytics platforms. Working closely with all of our engineering teams, your responsibilities will focus on configuration, maintenance, and design of core components of HealthVerity's data management and access systems. By leveraging advanced tools and technologies you will meet the demands of an ever scaling volume of data, making sure that the user experience for our internal... and external customers is consistent throughout that scaling. You will play an essential role in keeping pace with our growing business.
What you will do
• Deploy and maintain data access infrastructure across multiple AWS environments
• Manage scalability of data access infrastructure
• Develop holistic monitoring of stability, reliability, and performance metrics
• Collaborate with engineering teams to develop platforms that can service multiple use cases
• Develop, document, and implement migration plans for continuous improvement of existing policies and designsIntegrate your work with CI/CD automation services
• You make security a priority in everything you do
• You keep up to date on data science tools and distributed computing methodologies
• You are familiar with scalable and/or cluster compute architectures
• You know the relevance of monitoring and measuring systems to identify bottlenecks
• You are comfortable with Shell scripting, Python, Ruby, or similar languages
Desired skills and experience
• Expert level Linux system administration experience
• Hands on experience with automated infrastructure configuration management
• Experience with Hadoop and Apache Spark configuration
• Familiarity with a wide variety of modern distributed computing solutions throughout the Apache family and elsewhere
• Experience in cloud data warehousing solutions within AWS such as EMR
• Familiarity with cloud data warehousing solutions across various cloud providers
• 4+ years of relevant work experience
Our company challenges
• Empowering clients with highly rewarding data discovery and licensing tools
• Ingesting and managing billions of healthcare records from a wide variety of partners
• Standardizing on common data models across data types
• Orchestrating an industry-leading HIPAA privacy layer
• Innovating our proprietary de-identification and data science algorithms
• Building a culture that supports rapid iteration and new possibilities
The infrastructure and culture we are building will provide an environment that cultivates innovation. We want to move fast knowing we can fix anything we break along the way. If a new need arises, we want to turn around a solution quickly. We want to solve our challenges in ways that create even more possibilities. We’re creating a platform that lets us discover what else we might do.
We have big plans
We’ve built a platform that will scale to support an ever-growing array of data providers and innovative products and services. You must be able to think big while still delivering on near-term requirements.
HealthVerity, based in Center City Philadelphia, is a venture-backed technology company that is transforming the way data-led organizations make critical decisions. Our technology platform serves as the foundation for the rapid creation, exchange and management of healthcare and consumer data in a fully-interoperable, privacy-protecting manner. Advantaged by highly sophisticated identity resolution and matching capabilities, HealthVerity is on a mission to increase transparency, forge interoperability and activate deeper insights.
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer. This is a remote position. #LI-RemoteRead more