Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you... will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are:
As a Cloud Devops Engineer you will work with a team of architects, devops engineers, and developers to create and deliver blockchain based solutions and platform extensions for the healthcare and life sciences industries. eploy, test, and troubleshoot their code in a cloud environment.
What you’ll do:
In this devops engineer role, you have the responsibility to develop and maintain cloud deployment and configuration scripts, update and maintain runbooks, and to work with the development, test and operations teams in deploying, maintaining and updating development, QA and production environments. Your responsibilities include deploying and configuring the supporting cloud APIs, blockchain platform and network, and creating platform management and operations automation components, critical to ensure secure and cost efficient operation. You are also required to providing level 3 code support for devops tasks. You may be required working with clients, partners in supporting these APIs. You would likely be working on a few concurrent projects and would need to balance your time and commitments between competing priorities. You need to have working knowledge of IBM Cloud technologies as the development team needs to be able to continuously integrate, deploy, test, and troubleshoot their code in a cloud environment.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 7+ years of overall experience in software development with
• 2+ years’ experience Kubernetes, Docker, CI and CD tools, Git,
• 2+ years’ experience Scripting Language (Python, Shell, Bash)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• 2+ years’ experience Helm 3, Ansible, Certificate Management, KeyProtect, IBM Cloud Toolchain, Tekton, Ingress
• 2+ years’ experience OpenShift, AWS, Azure, Security, Istio, CloudFormation
• Strong Analytical skills and problem solving skills
• Excellent inter personal skills, team player as well as leadership skills
• Fluency in English and excellent communication skills both – oral and written English
• Ability to work and communicate with overseas team and clients
• Ability to pick up new areas and work on a Consultant Profile as well
• Ability to think ‘out of the box’ and work independently with little direction
• Able to guide a team of lesser experienced professionals
• 3+ years of leading and mentoring teams
• Need to have working knowledge of IBM Cloud technologies as the development team needs to be able to continuously integrate, deploy, test, and troubleshoot their code in a cloud environment
• NoneRead more