Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India; Mumbai, Maharashtra, India; Gurugram, Haryana, India; Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
Remote location(s): India.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent practical experience.
• 2 years of experience managing internal or client-facing projects to completion and troubleshooting clients' technical challenges.
• Ability to travel 30% of the time.
• Experience in working with/on data warehouses, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT and reporting/analytic tools, environments, and data... structures.
• Experience in Big Data, information retrieval, data mining, or Machine Learning.
• Experience in building multi-tier, high availability applications with modern web technologies such as NoSQL, MongoDB, SparkML, and TensorFlow.
• Experience architecting, developing software, or internet scale production-grade Big Data solutions in virtualized environments.
• Experience with encryption techniques like symmetric, asymmetric, HSMs, and envelop, and ability to implement secure key storage using Key Management System.
About The Job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Strategic Cloud Data Engineer, you'll guide customers on how to ingest, store, process, analyze, and explore/visualize data on the Google Cloud Platform. You will work on data migrations and transformational projects, and with customers to design large-scale data processing systems, develop data pipelines optimized for scaling, and troubleshoot potential platform challenges. You will have in-depth understanding of data security at rest and transit. You will travel to customer sites to deploy solutions and deliver workshops to educate and empower customers. Additionally, you'll work closely with Product Management and Product Engineering teams to build and constantly drive excellence in our products.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
• Deliver outstanding solutions, including sample code. Solve complex technical customer challenges.
• Create Data Security design for secure data storage, access and processing using encryption and role management architectural best practices.
• Act as a trusted technical advisor for our customers, and solve complex Big Data challenges.
• Identify new product features and feature gaps, provide guidance on existing product issues, and collaborate with Product Managers and engineers to influence the roadmap of Google Cloud Platform.
• Create and deliver best practice recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations, adapting to the levels and expertise of key business and technical stakeholders accordingly.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form Show full description