Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft Consulting Services helps Microsoft customers around the world get the best outcomes from their investments in the latest Microsoft cloud technologies. We focus on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience.
A Consultant within the Azure Cloud & Artificial Intelligence (ACAI) organization of Microsoft Consulting Services is responsible for delivering high quality solutions and business outcomes based on the Microsoft Platform. In the Consultant role... you will help us design and build the next generation of Azure-based Solutions for our customers. If you're interested in joining a broader Azure team and if you're an enthusiastic advocate of cutting-edge technology with a background in designing or developing cloud solutions --this would be a great opportunity for you!
• Collaborates with internal stakeholders (e.g., Solution Architect, Account Delivery Executive, Pursuit Lead, Sales Solution Specialist) in the pre-sale process by understanding business requirements and providing industry and technical input and/or solution offerings to help shape the deal. Supports drafting proposals and/or statement of work (SOW).
• Provides input on staffing and skill requirements for delivery to Resource Deployment, Technical Delivery Managers (TDMs), and/or Project Managers.
• Follows capacity process outlined by Global Capacity Management team. Maintains tools with up-to-date skills and availability.
• Leads meetings with customers/partners to understand business needs. Uses business, industry and technology strategies to map customer/partner requirements to the adoption and optimization of Microsoft technology solutions. Engages others appropriately to understand and define customer requirements.
• Participates in project planning and develops project documents by identifying the risks and dependencies. Communicates the business value of planned solutions to customers/ partners. Identifies technical and business risks in programs and proposes mitigations. Assists project managers/architects in preparing for steering committee (e.g., developing artifacts). Manages their schedule and communicates to project leads. Generates and delivers Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
• Implements solutions and may provide oversight and leadership on workstreams across domains while adhering to Microsoft Services processes. Aligns solutions with the intent of the architecture.
• Manages escalations, analyzes situations, and coordinates appropriate resources to resolve issues by following delivery practices, considering cost implications, and engaging in conversations with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., Customer Service and Support, Project Manager, Solution Architect, Product Group) as needed.
• Proactively manages executive-level customer/partner/stakeholder relationships to identify and contribute to the drivers of satisfaction and dissatisfaction, determine the root cause, and establish recovery actions to improve experience. Works with account team to ensure One Microsoft approach. Shares lessons learned with workgroup and consultant community.
Intellectual Property Management
• Acts as an ambassador in consumption of intellectual property (IP) by leveraging and/or modifying existing IP or creating repeatable content where applicable. Provides feedback on Managed IP for continuous improvement, reports IP gaps, reviews IP to be considered for harvesting and curation and ensures it is logged for consumption. Improves Managed Standard Offerings (MSO) quality and collaborates with portfolio and solution teams of the domain by providing feedback.
• Identifies opportunities to expand or accelerate the adoption and consumption of the cloud and Microsoft technologies. As appropriate, facilitates other team members to scale the business with existing customers by articulating value propositions of strategic Microsoft products and services and developing new offerings for the domain. Drives innovation and digital transformation. Ensures the use of existing intellectual property (IP).
• Learns new technologies or services based on business demands and industry trends. Obtains relevant accreditations and certification(s) as advised by domain leadership team. Identifies certifications and readiness plans in partnership with domain Chief Technology Officer (CTO). Leads or participates in relevant technical communities, and conducts training sessions to evangelize technology and/or offerings based on availability. Mentors team members and acts as a technical advisor for stakeholders by providing thought leadership, articulation of solutions value, and outcomes of business strategies.
• Completes operational tasks and readiness, and ensures timeliness and accuracy. Follows Microsoft policies, compliance, and procedures (e.g., Enterprise Services Authorization Policy, Standards of Business Conduct, labor logging, expenses, travel guidelines). Leads as example and guides team members on operational tasks, readiness, and compliance.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Business, or related field AND 3+ years leadership experience in relevant area of business
• OR equivalent experience.
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
• 5+ years leadership experience in relevant area of business.
• Technical certifications
We understand and appreciate varied technical backgrounds, but prioritize the skills listed below to support our Azure Infrastructure delivery needs:
• Excellent stakeholder management, communication and executive presentation skill
• Functional/Technical skills including knowledge / mastery of Azure Networking, Azure Virtualization, Azure Security Center, and/or DevOps with ARM/Terraform
• 5+ years relevant work experience with large scale enterprise implementations
• The successful candidate will have relevant analysis, design, develop, test, deploy, operate implementation experience in Azure delivery
• Experience working in a Services organization in a consulting capacity is strongly preferred
• Experience working on multi-phase global implementations is preferred
• Passion for customers, learning, proven ability to be client focused, results-focused, proactive, collaborative and confident under pressure
• Experience in team leadership, working with project management/project stakeholders
• Strong time, project, and priority management skills
• Demonstrable experience of working face-to-face at varying levels within organizations
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Passion for mentoring, training peers and sharing knowledge
• Great communication skills, presentation skills, written skills, customer/partner relationships and expectations management
• Availability to travel up to 50% is an integral part of this job When Travel resumes: Travel is based on customer requirements, which are typically, over the duration of a work week, this is 3 nights in a hotel, 4 days on-site with the customer, and the 5th day working remotely from a home office
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you workRead more