About the role
Arm Boston is looking for highly skilled and motivated engineers to join us, providing Cycle Model solutions to enable Arm customers and partners! Arm builds cycle accurate software models of leading-edge Arm technologies that will power future systems in markets such as machine learning, high performance computing, mobile and automotive. Cycle Models are used for Arm IP selection and analysis in partners’ SystemC development environments.
As a Staff DevOps Engineer in the... Cycle Models team, you will be joining a tight-knit, exemplary scrum team providing modern tools, technologies, and innovative solutions to support our engineers. We are developing world class build, test, and delivery systems, implementing continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD), and building a DevOps culture! You will have the chance to help create a better development environment for your team, increasing their productivity and satisfaction.
New members to our team will be expected to:
• Contribute to our culture of psychological safety.
• Not be afraid to fail and be excited to learn.
• Have a variety of software development skills and be dedicated to extending the breadth and depth of their knowledge.
• Value the DevOps culture and contribute to spreading and promoting it.
• Strive to forge and support positive relationships with colleagues and other communities at Arm.
• Have a real passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
The day-to-day work is dynamic, and the following are examples of tasks you are likely to be involved in:
• Provisioning and maintaining cloud infrastructure
• Supporting container-based development workflows
• Building and supporting CI/CD pipelines
• Implementing a new test framework
• Building a microservices-based delivery platform
• Evaluating new technologies and considering new solution approaches
• Analyzing and breaking down requirements from our customers/fellow engineers
• Promoting the DevOps culture and practices inside the team and across Arm
• Communication & collaboration with engineering IT and other Arm infrastructure groups
Skills and Experiences
These are some of the demonstrable skills and experiences we are looking for in a successful candidate. We do not expect candidates to meet them all. The more you have, the better your candidacy, and if you only have a few but still feel you would be an excellent fit, please apply!
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or STEM related field
• A few years or more of experience in DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), or software development with experience in automation and infrastructure
• Knowledge of and experience with DevOps concepts and industry best practices and an ability to advocate for them
• Strong communication and collaboration skills and an ability to influence and drive change
• Containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, or similar
• Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code concepts, and with tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and Packer
• Linux command line
• Version control tools such as Git
• CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI, TeamCity, or similar
• Scripting in at least one programming language such as Bash, Python, Java, or Go and/or a willingness and demonstrated capability to learn
• Build automation tooling such as Bazel, Make, Buck, Gradle, or similar
• Writing tests using industry standard testing frameworks such as JUnit, Robot Framework, Squish or Selenium
• Monitoring, metrics, and results visualization tooling such as Prometheus, Grafana, Elastic Stack, or similar
• Web application and microservice development
At Arm, we are guided by our Core Beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
Care about the people around you.
Passion for progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
Work with pace and judgement. Adapt to circumstances.
Take risk in support of Arm's progress.
Be accountable for the decisions you take. Learn from failure.
Pursue innovation relentlessly.
Be your brilliant self
Skillful individuality, performance, and fulfilment.
Seek and embrace differences.
Encourage curiosity and challenge.
Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm’s goals.
Arm is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package. With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, creative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a dynamic, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unrivaled contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, value diversity at our company and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected classRead more