Our research team’s core mission is protecting Microsoft 365 users across devices, identities, applications, and data via cross-category, tightly integrated threat protection for sec ops and sec-admins. If you believe that cyber-attacks can happen without ever dropping an executable on disk and that a forward rule and a token can do more damage than Powershell, this role may be for you!
Protecting M365 users is a big challenge, but with the signals we have built today in Microsoft Defender for... Office 365 and Microsoft Cloud App Security, we are the best equipped company in the world to realize this opportunity and fundamentally change the security world, both for our customers and for attackers.
While each of the individual Microsoft Defender security products provide best in class protection across endpoints and cloud, combining all of these optics and protection capabilities brings the complete attacker behavior into focus like never before, allowing innovative new detection and response approaches across the entire attack graph and providing SOCs unparalleled scale, reduced time-to-investigate, and reduced time-to-remediate across their digital estate. To help design our single federated protection solution spanning all M365 cloud security products, we are seeking a Senior Data Scientist with AI skills, security knowledge, and a growth mindset. We want your help innovating and designing our solution across Microsoft 365’s security portfolio.
• Partner with geographically distributed product teams and security researchers to identify, understand, and address security challenges across devices, identities, applications, and data assets.
• Formulate and build data processing pipelines to fuel data-driven research (e.g., statistics, machine learning, & data mining) and create new innovations across Microsoft 365’s broad security signals.
• Partner closely with fellow practitioners to iteratively refine systems as research evolves.
• Deliver reusable components to research and product teams by communicating to a variety of stakeholders through documentation and presentation.
• Facilitate tech transfer by partnering with product teams to deliver new product capabilities.
• Contribute to active engagement with the security ecosystem through papers, presentations, blogs, and/or external collaborations.
• Invest in your growth as a security practitioner by actively seeking new knowledge from the data, from your colleagues, and from external communities
• 5+ years of data engineering experience with a background in fueling rigorous data-driven inference methods (such as statistics, machine learning, and sound experimental design).
• 2+ years of cyber security experience with a background in modern risk matrices (e.g., MITRE ATT&CK) and emerging enterprise threats (including insider risk and attacks against Azure/AWS and cloud services such as O365, Exchange, and Azure AD).
• Cyber security experience with a background in modern risk matrices (e.g., MITRE ATT&CK) and emerging enterprise threats (including insider risk and attacks against Azure/AWS and cloud services such as O365, Exchange, and Azure AD)
• Industry recognized author of security research papers, blogs, presentations, or books.
• BS or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or information technology.
• Excellent programming skills (e.g., C#) and proficient at working with and manipulating large data sets (i.e., billions of events per day), using modern big-data systems (e.g., Azure storage/compute), and interfacing with scientific tools (e.g., Python, Spark/Scala, or Azure ML).
• Excellent cross-group and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate the business need for product improvementsShow full descriptionCollapse