At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Data Engineer, you will develop, maintain, evaluate and test big... data solutions. You will be involved in the design of data solutions using Hadoop based technologies along with Java & Spark programming.
• Responsible to Ingest data from files, streams and databases. Process the data with Hive, Hadoop, Spark.
• Develop programs in Scala, Java and Python as part of data cleaning and processing
• Responsible to design and develop distributed, high volume, high velocity multi-threaded event processing systems using Core Java technology stack
• Develop efficient software code for multiple use cases leveraging Core Java and Big Data technologies for various use cases built on the platform
• Provide high operational excellence guaranteeing high availability and platform stability
• Implement scalable solutions to meet the ever-increasing data volumes, using big data/cloud technologies Apache Spark, Hadoop, any Cloud computing etc.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 5 years solid hands-on experience with HADOOP, SPARK and HIVE using Java.
• Expert level knowledge in Spark Tuning and ensuring best practices across project. Experience in Big Data Architecture, tools and technologies.
• Experience leading teams and interfacing with stakeholders across project in technical and functional areas.
• Experience interfacing with end users.
• A detailed understanding and experience of development best practices in below areas:
• Continuous Integration, branching and merging, pair programming, code reviews, unit testing, agile methodologies (Scrum/XP), Design Patterns
• UNIX/ Shell scripting.
• RDBMS, preferably MariaDB, MySQL.
• CI/CD concepts.
• Scheduling Tools and techniques
• Core JAVA
• Scala Hands on experience on Java/Web frameworks is preferred
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Expertise in Python or Scala programming
• You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
• Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
• Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
• Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publicationsShow full descriptionCollapse