At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Data Engineer, you will develop, maintain, evaluate and test big... data solutions. You will be involved in the design of data solutions. You will manage the implementing and managing large scale cluster for streaming using technologies like kafka, flink, Druid, NoSQL DB etc.
• Responsible for full operational lifecycle of streaming platform including cluster sizing, technology selection, deployment, monitoring, scaling & helping with kafka apps development
• Responsible for ensuring platform availability and zero downtime
• Implement scalable solutions to meet the ever-increasing data volumes, using big data/cloud technologies Apache Spark, Kafka, any Cloud computing etc.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Minimum 4+ years of experience in Big Data technologies
• Experience of implementing and managing large scale cluster for streaming kafka, flink, Druid, NoSQL DB etc
• Expertise in Contenerizing cluster services using Docker and Kubernetes (preferably using Openshift)
• Solid practical experience of Cluster Administration and Monitoring using Grafana, Prometheus, ElasticSearch, Kibana or similar technologies
• Hands on experience on securing clusters - Kerberos, LDAP, TLS, RBAC
• Demonstrated ability in solutioning covering data ingestion, data cleansing, ETL, data mart creation and exposing data for consumers
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience in Python programming is desirable
• You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
• Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
• Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
• Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publicationsRead more