As the world’s largest social coding platform, a home for Open Source development, and a core tool in the DevOps toolkit of many Fortune 500 companies, GitHub has some of the world’s most interesting data.
GitHub’s Data team is looking for a data curious individual to join us and leverage this wealth of business, ecosystem, and community critical data for organization wide impact. You will be working with a diverse team of other engineers and data scientists to design and build reusable data pipelines, patterns, and tooling to unlock insights for the company. You’ll be working with and enabling a diverse set of stakeholders across all levels of the company to make data informed decisions about our products, strategy, and community trends.
• Create and maintain tools supporting self-service data pipeline management
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
• Build and maintain... data pipelines from internal databases and SaaS applications
• Write maintainable, performant code
• Collaborate with other domains to ensure data needs are addressed
• Maintain and expand data infrastructure for the business at scale
• Maintain our data warehouse with timely, high quality data
• 2+ years experience deploying production quality code, including experience in or close proximity to a data engineering, data science, or data analytics
• Experience writing SQL, structuring data, and data storage practices
• Experience using Python for data processing
• Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
• Demonstrated self-direction
• Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques
• Desire to continually keep up with advancements in data engineering practices
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent PartnerRead more