At EY, you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we are counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
In the digital economy, it takes more than good ideas and strong leadership to thrive. Upgrading outdated processes, systems and information... is vital – but can be a risky investment in such a rapidly changing environment. As a Data Migration QA Engineer, you’ll work directly with clients in various testing cycles to accelerate issue identification and overall system quality enhancement.
You’ll be part of a tight-knit team in a growing area of the business. It’s a high-profile role, in which you’ll have plenty of opportunities to showcase your ability to not only coach a team but establish and maintain new customer relationships. As you do, we’ll support you in developing consultancy and analytical skills – along with relationships that could define your career.
Your key responsibilities
Here, you’ll develop automation test strategies and plans based on epic definition and feature design that includes the strategies for testing (incorporating component, functional, negative, security, regression, and end-to-end testing). You will work directly with clients in various testing cycles to accelerate issue identification and overall system quality enhancement. This is an opportunity to apply your experience to build automation scripts, gather data, build utility libraries, generate data sheets, execute smoke tests and execute regression suite functionality.
Skills and attributes for success
[Describes which skills and experience will make an impact, followed by the following three sub-headings]
To qualify for the role you must have
• Proficient in SQL – should be able to write complex SQL scripts to query data a s a mean to verify development outputs
• Experience working in a Business Intelligence area or in projects where data / reports was the primary output
• Act as a subject matter expert related to data i.e., test data management and/or data migration testing
• Proficient wtih Test data management including Data Discovery, Data Profiling, Gold Copy, Data Sub-setting, Data Masking, Synthetic Data Generation, Data Provisioning, Data Reservation and Data Virtualization
• Participate in implementing end-to-end Test Data Management (TDM) tools, strategies, and roadmaps
• Produce key reports and maintain metrics on all test-related activities
• Knowledge of, or experience in, Agile processes
• Understanding of testing methodologies, deliverables, and familiarization with the SDLC
• Experience of managing the testing workflow through the test management tool
• Work with JIRA for test management, defect management, test reporting, and other functions
• 5+ years of Software implementation experience preferably on transformation projects
• 3+ years of experience as Test data migration or Test data management role
• Knowledge of automation testing tools like Selenium and UFT
• Consulting experience will be a strong asset
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Experience working with Microsoft tools (MSSQL, Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate)
• Experience working in a data warehouse environment
• Automation testing experience – Selenium Tool
What we look for
We’re interested in intellectually curious people, with a genuine passion for finding and implementing innovative ways to nurture growth. You’ll also need excellent communication and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to express big ideas to senior leaders, often without technical backgrounds. If you’re ready to take a leadership role in a team that’s poised to take the industry by storm, this role is for you. You must be willing and able to travel (not applicable during the global pandemic and only when it is safe to do so).
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world todayShow full descriptionCollapse