Posted: May 3, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
It takes deeply dedicated, intelligent and hard-working individuals to maintain and exceed the high expectations for the exciting iPhone brand at Apple. The iPhone Operations team is seeking... a Data Science Analytics Lead to take on the responsibility of improving superior quality and manufacturing goals through statistics, analytics, modeling, and business intelligence tools.
You will utilize data, infrastructure and intelligence tools to tackle interesting problems every day. You will be tasked with finding insights from data that will improve Product Operations, quality, and manufacturing efficiencies by understanding the variables impacting yield. The Product Operations Data team drives strategic initiatives for better data collection and reporting, ensure data integrity across multiple data sources, and reduce analysis time through automation and creative solutions.
You should have expertise required to understand complex data sets: product testing, parametric data, manufacturing, robotics and capital equipment. Then select and configure appropriate technologies and programming languages required to ensure successful business impact.
• Employ statistical techniques with big data initiatives and tools to drive major operational business decisions.
• Answer complex questions through data science, analysis, and clearly communicate findings to multi-functional teams for direction.
• Influence repair processes and fraud detection improvements by scripting analysis on very high volumes of data at a commodity and parametric level.
• Seek opportunities to improve data collection, reporting and consumption based on business needs.
• Regularly collaborate with internal and external information technology teams on resolving data issues, as well as mitigation plans to avoid errors in the future.
• Participate in strategic capital systems planning.
You will drive and lead business insights, presenting data findings to peers, managers, directors, and VPs.
• Highlight data patterns that could be useful for making business decisions.
• Designing and maintaining strong working relationships with a variety of key partners regionally & globally, including: Operations, Test Engineering, Quality, New Product Development, Customer Service, Supplier Quality, Global Supply Managers, Suppliers, Contract Manufacturers, Repair, Fraud Detection, Business Intelligence and IT teams.
• Take data from disparate sources, apply statistical modeling, analyze and interpret its specific meaning.
• Clearly convey the significance of findings with an assessment tailored to individual teams, as well as the larger strategic impact for the business as a whole.
The position requires utilization of statistical techniques, experience understanding data integrity, and implementing automated solutions. You will need to have a grasp of relational database management systems, design, and structured query language.
• Excellent analytical skills, advanced level of statistics with the ability to identify and predict trends and anomalies.
• Strong expertise with Python, R and libraries such as (scikit- learn, scipy, R, NetworkX, Spacy, and NLTK).
• Experience in data mining very large data sets, high proficiency in SQL (Teradata, SQL, Oracle, or MySQL or other RDBMS.)
• Experience pulling your own data for analysis with Hive queries or in a distributed processing systems environment preferred (Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, AWS Redshift, Presto)
• Data visualization experience with tools such as: Tableau, JMP, R creating dashboards and presenting data through reports.
• Proven ability to handle various tasks concurrently and in a timely manner, including large, complex projects.
• Effective presentation skills and be able to explain complex data and charts in a concise manner to large audiences.
• Superb communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Prior experience in Manufacturing, Test, and Consumer Electronics is a plus
Education & Experience
Education & Experience
• Master’s degree in Statistics, Business Analytics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Additional RequirementsRead more