As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and... Responsibilities
• Work with IBM Q Start team on active exploratory research engagements to prepare for future use case commercialization within specific industry
• Engage and educate client data science teams to define promising areas for quantum exploration
• Implement quantum approaches, which includes data pre-/post-processing, running numerics and visualizing data
• Collaborate with industry and solutioning experts to design and shape experiments to demonstrate quantum-enabled advantage
• Define best practices related to information architecture, including collection, integration, organization, analysis and visualization of data for quantum-enabled impact
• Engage in practice development initiatives focused on building employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise through coaching and development of training course material
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• PhD/Masters in STEM-related fields with knowledge in Quantum Computing.
• 5+ years of data engineering and data science experience
• 2+ years of consulting experience within specific industries with strong domain expertise and business acumen
• Proficiency with classical approaches to machine learning and linear algebra, including Support Vector Machine (SVM) for linear categorization and Singular Value Decomposition (SVD) to reduce dimensionality of data
• Familiar with Qiskit software, including Qiskit Aqua for domain applications and Qiskit Terra for quantum circuit design and optimization
• Excellent ideation, facilitation and communications skills
• Detail-oriented team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to take a leadership role when necessary
• Willingness to travel globally up to 40% once we return to a travel-safe environment.
• English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• 2+ years of experience in at least one of the industries, with knowledge of industry trends, R&D areas, and computationally intensive processes (e.g. optimization)
• Familiarity with QiskitRead more