Position: Data Warehouse Engineer | Direct Hire | Columbus | No C2C
Location: Riverlea, OH
Let Vaco advocate on your behalf! We are seeking a highly motivated and self-directed Data Warehouse Engineer to join a team that supports an enterprise data warehouse. Apply with Vaco, and we will be your personal representative! We will promote your strengths and help prepare you for your interview by supplying you with key information about our client. Get the advantage over your competition through our direct access to HR departments and hiring managers.
In this position, you will work closely with business stakeholders to fulfill requests and help to expand their ETL/BI platform and back-office reporting functions. The Data Warehouse (DW) systems provide business critical transactional and financial information to both internal business owners and external franchise owners and area developers.
Other responsibilities of the role include:
• Designing, implementing, and optimizing ETL... processes
• Maintaining Data Dictionary and documentation for related database initiatives
• Supporting day to day business requests and data analysis; investigating data-related issues within the DW environment as well as source systems
• Analyzing and tracing Data Warehouse code base to troubleshoot data and/or system issues
• Monitoring performance tuning of test/QA/staging/failover and production DW database systems
• Ensuring all maintenance, system integrity, capacity, scalability, and space requirements for the Data Warehouse environments are met
• Maintaining existing ETL and Reporting processes along with working platform enhancements
• Working closely with cross-function support teams to keep the DW running smoothly
• Working with the Business Intelligence and Application Development teams to implement a solid, extensible Data Warehouse design in support of reporting and analytic requirements
• Assessing and implementing production system changes to Data warehouse ETLs to ensure consistent and accurate reporting
As a Data Warehouse Engineer, you must be an excellent project manager and problem solver. You must demonstrate the ability and willingness to adhere to policies and procedures. You must be a self-starter who is able to work under minimal supervision. Qualified candidates have strong communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with others. Other requirements of the role include: • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technical field • 5+ years of experience with core Microsoft BI and DW technologies, in particular MS-SQL, SSIS, and SSRS • Experience with SQL SERVER 2002/2008, SSRS, and Crystal Reports • Experience with creating SSIS packages • Experience designing a business intelligence solutions using various web technologies • Experience with SDLC in an Agile environmentRead more