• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• 2 years of relevant experience managing client-facing projects and troubleshooting technical issues.
• Experience with database technologies (such as Teradata, Netezza, Oracle, or SQL Server) and Data Warehousing concepts.
• Experience writing software in Java or Python, and SQL.
• Experience working with ETL/ELT, and reporting and analytic... tools.
• Experience securing data warehouses in a cloud environment.
• Experience designing data warehouse technical architectures and infrastructure components.
• Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase).
• Experience in technical consulting and working with cross-functional teams and customers.
About the job
As a Cloud Data Warehouse Engineer, you will guide customers on how to review, store, process, analyze, and visualize data on the Google Cloud Platform. You will work on data migrations, and you will work closely with Product Management and Product Engineering teams. You will work with customers to design data processing systems, develop data pipelines optimized for scaling, and troubleshoot potential platform issues. You will travel to customer sites to deploy solutions and deliver workshops to educate and empower customers.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google's cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
• Provide technical expertise on Google Cloud Platforms' suite of Big Data technologies including BigQuery, Looker, Pub/Sub, Dataflow, Cloud Data Fusion, Cloud Storage, Cloud Composer, and Data Catalog.
• Be a trusted technical advisor to customers, and solve data challenges.
• Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, reference code, and technical presentations, adapting to different levels of business and technical stakeholders.
• Identify and build migration accelerators to aid customers in modernizing their existing data warehouse with ease.
• Travel up to 30% of the time in-region for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activitiesRead more