Company: FedEx Logistics MEISA
Job Title: DevOps Engineer Advisor
Job Requisition Number: RC322224
Primary Job Posting Location:
Unit No. 7-03, 7th FL, SLN Terminal
Category: Information Technology
Time Type: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Posting Date: 2021-05-04
Job Posting End Date: 2021-07-08
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for the design, development, and administration of continuous integration and deployment solutions for applications, software and provisioning... withing the FedEx Supply Chain technology stack. The position is responsible for creating/provisioning and maintaining new technology infrastructures and maintaining the software configurations, automation tools, and develop automation processes and standards. The DevOps Engineer designs, develops, tests and automates all development, quality assurance, user acceptance, pre-production, and production services as well as the automation of continuous integration and continuous delivery for FedEx Supply Chain products and services
• Build Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines for a diverse ecosystem built on a mix of architectural platforms Ensure operations, scaling, maintenance of cloud infrastructure for use by development teams
• Work with Development Teams on integrating automated testing for new products and services
• Define reference architectures for deployment patterns
• Document workflows and supporting diagrams for deployments
• Work with architects to define best practices for code management
• Work with team to define and implement application performance testing for critical applications
• Define and implement centralized monitoring/notifications of applications
• Improve predictability and reliability of releases and deployments
• Help automate operations and processes
• Help define and develop Unit, Functional, sanity, security and performance strategies
• Develop automated metrics that continually improve speed and reliability of delivered products
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 8 years of relevant experience.
• Strong Coding skills. At least 8 years of experience in any programming languages (preferably Java).
• Must have at least 4 years of experience using DevOps tools a. CI/CD toolchains, Maven, Jenkins, etc.
• b. Configuration management and orchestration tools, such as Ansible, Chef
• c. Container orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes
• Experience and Understanding of various development frameworks
• Knowledge of DevOps, CI/CD, and automation best practices
• Experience with Cloud computing
• Experience with container technologies such as Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
• Experience with Test and build systems such as Jenkins, Maven, Ant
• Experience with Linux OS configuration, networking protocols/functions (e.g., HTTP,HTTPS, SSL/TLS, SMTP, DNS)
• Experience with software design patterns and programming languages
• Experience provisioning and managing resources within IaaS/Cloud infrastructures (e.g., Oracle Cloud, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
• Experience with automated provisioning and configuration tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar technologies
• Experience in configure/maintain testing environments, software release management and support activities.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Good understanding of and willingness to learn and adopt professional and industry standards.
• Must be customer service driven.
• Must be a good team player.
FedEx Logistics provides freight forwarding, as well as import and export services that allow companies to reach markets throughout the world. They help customers of all sizes solve the intricacies of shipping goods globally by providing comprehensive international ocean and air freight forwarding, surface transportation and distribution, customs brokerage, trade and customs advisory services, and advanced e-commerce and trade facilitation solutions. We're glad you stopped by and hope your job search experience with FedEx Logistics, Inc. will be rewarding. We look forward to hearing from youRead more