SCAM ALERT: Caution against fraudulent job offers!
Caution against fraudulent job offers!
We have been informed of instances where jobseekers are led to believe of fictitious job opportunities with Deloitte US (“Deloitte”). In one or more such cases, false promises of actual or potential selection, or initiation or completion of the recruitment formalities appear to have been or are being made. Some jobseekers appear to have been asked to pay money to specified bank... accounts of individuals or entities as a condition of their selection for a ‘job’ with Deloitte. These individuals or entities are in no way connected with Deloitte and do not represent or otherwise act on behalf of Deloitte.
We would like to clarify that:
• At Deloitte, ethics and integrity are fundamental and not negotiable.
• We are against corruption and neither offer bribes nor accept them, nor induce or permit any other party to make or receive bribes on our behalf.
• We have not authorized any party or person to collect any money from jobseekers in any form whatsoever for promises of getting jobs in Deloitte.
• We consider candidates only on merit and that we provide an equal opportunity to eligible applicants.
• No one other than designated Deloitte personnel (e.g., a Deloitte recruiter or Deloitte hiring partner) is permitted to extend any job offer from Deloitte.
Anyone who at any time has made or makes any payment to any party against promises of job or selection for a job with Deloitte or any matter related to this (including those for ‘registration’, ‘verification’ or ‘security deposit’) or otherwise engages with any such person who has made or makes fraudulent promises or offers, does so (or has done so) entirely at their own risk. Deloitte takes no responsibility or liability for any such unauthorized or fraudulent actions or engagements.
We encourage jobseekers to exercise caution.
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte’s Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Cloud Web Engineer, Client Solutions
Work you’ll do
The Client Solutions Group reports to the office of the Deputy CIO for Technology and is responsible for delivering DevOps services which accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. The DevOps group flexes to support business-lead software development while bring to bear best practices which streamline and fully automate the release management pipeline.
The successful candidate will engineer, install, configure, monitor, maintain and troubleshoot Deloitte’s cloud applications and hosting platforms in an environment that embraces DevOps philosophes to empower the implementation of tools and processes which enable the rapid development and deployment of software, continuous integration/deployment, automated quality checks, and operational metrics that can be consumed by development teams. This position is responsible for execution, engineering, and operational tasks for applications and hosting platforms running in the Public and Private Cloud. This responsibility includes both IaaS and PaaS services.
The position requires a strong understanding of hosting Cloud applications that leverage the Microsoft technology stack as well as a solid understanding of the Microsoft Windows Server platform. IaaS and PaaS application development/hosting experience is required and responsibilities will extend to PaaS services such as Azure Service Bus, Virtual Networking, Azure AD, Cloud Storage, and Azure Service Fabric. While the emphasis is on the Microsoft platform limited experience with variants of Linux is required. This role works with operations and project teams to deliver production application support. In performing this role, the successful candidate will work with in-house developers and production support teams to resolve platform operational issues for Hybrid and non-Hybrid Cloud applications. An understanding of cloud and web application troubleshooting techniques -- such as log analysis, .NET profiling, client side HTTP profiling, and basic network traffic analysis is required.
Additional position duties include:
• Install, configure, automate, and monitor various Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS), IIS, and other web hosting technologies.
• Assist in-house development teams with application/platform integration issues such as security/permissions, Service configuration, and network issues (name resolution, firewall port flows, and load balancing).
• Devise and execute test plans to reproduce and validate problem root cause in non-production environments.
• Drive service recovery efforts by completing server/client log analysis, network traces and process profiling via .NET profilers. A working knowledge of web application troubleshooting and monitoring tools -- such as Wireshark, Fiddler, HTTPWatch, LogParser, Perfmon, MS SCOM, OMS, and New Relic are desirable.
• Identify virtual and physical infrastructure issues which impact the functionality of the application and hosting platform. A working knowledge of Active Directory, SQL server, firewalls, and load balancing solutions is desirable.
• Perform operational engineering for activities which include platform upgrades, patching, monitoring, configuration, and troubleshooting.
• Provide periodic off-hours on-call support for production systems per team rotation.
• Leverage established system performance standards to support capacity management objectives.
• Implementation and periodic testing of business continuity plans for supported hosting environments.
• Communicate and troubleshoot issues across multiple stakeholders in the ITS organization. Interaction with people at a variety of technical and management levels will occur daily.
• Identify opportunities to script operational procedures to reduce manual effort.
• Have a clear understand of paradigm difference between traditional datacenter and cloud hosting. The ability to understand the security and performance ramifications between the two is a must.
• Understand cloud web hosting infrastructure architectures which utilize relational & NoSQL databases, scale-out/load balancing solutions, content caching techniques, shared directory services, and layered network security models.
• Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, experience in a transactional high-volume, high availability production environment.
• Ability to handle multiple projects, self-reliant, self-motivated and possesses a “can do” attitude.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to contribute as a member of cross-functional virtual teams.
• Ability to learn and execute operational procedures in a timely fashion.
• Understand and execute standard IT service management process such as change, incident and problem management.
• Ability to automate operational procedures.
• Understand and implement industry accepted application/platform monitoring approaches.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte’s success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world’s largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The 2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
• Security, risk & compliance
• Technology support
• Relationship management
Technology & Infrastructure
The Technology and Infrastructure Organization works together to transform how ITS deploys technologies and services that meet the dynamic needs of Deloitte professionals and help increase their productivity.
• Unified Communications
• Infrastructure Operations
• Office of Technology and Infrastructure
• Service Management
• Solutions Delivery
• Technology Support Services
• Visual Technology and Solutions
• Cloud Solutions Center
• Must have at least 3 years of relevant IT experience supporting applications and hosting with two of the years pertaining to Cloud hosting (IaaS and PaaS).
• 2 years of experience managing systems in environments where IT service management frameworks are leveraged (based on ITIL, COBIT, MOF, or similar frameworks).
• Ability to work a schedule that accommodates on call support hours.
• Demonstrates a working understanding of web hosting infrastructure architectures, SDLC, basic programming practices, and core networking principles.
• Demonstrates a strong understanding of cloud application troubleshooting techniques and strategies including the ability to use a variety troubleshooting tools.
• Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple project deliverables on multiple projects effectively.
• Demonstrates excellent communication and reasoning skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or relevant experience and accomplishments.
• Ability to travel 20%.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E21NATSASCJD156-ITL4
• Read more