Oracle is seeking a writer with strong editorial experience to join our brand experience creative team. This writer will work with creative directors, editors, visual designers, and marketers to tell stories of technology innovation. If you have a passion for writing, creativity, multimedia, and technology, and want to help Oracle tell the world our stories, we’d love to hear from you.
What we’re looking for in a writer:
• You find the story. You’re an idea engine, and you ask and dig until... you find the hook in every story.
• You can bring together words, photography, video, illustrations, and infographics to bring a story to life.
• You know how to write to an audience of business decision-makers (aka other humans with a job to do) by understanding their needs, goals, and dreams.
• You thrive on collaboration and are not shy about working across a large organization to get good work done.
• You dig technology and are interested in how tech can really help people—and you’d love to tell those kinds of stories about and for Oracle’s customers.
• You are flexible and know how to get stuff done. On deadline. Whether it’s writing a paragraph in 15 minutes or an in-depth article over two weeks.
• You know the rules—and when to break them. You know that your work needs to fit within the big picture of Oracle’s storytelling, but also that the best work often happens when testing the boundaries and trying new approaches.
• You know you don’t know everything. To you, being wrong is just another opportunity to learn and get better at what you do.
• And finally, you want to be part of creating dramatic change at a company that is committed to helping people solve some of the world’s hardest problems.
• The ability to write for creative projects across audiences and channels
• Highly comfortable interviewing executives and technology experts
• Able to quickly learn about new technology products and concepts
• Willingness to advocate for creative content—using experience, customer insights, and data to pitch and persuade people on a content idea
• Able to solve problems and work past obstacles to tell great multimedia stories
• Learning and using Oracle’s voice and tone and editorial style in your writing
• Writing stories about Oracle customers and Oracle technology for multiple channels
• Generating story ideas that fit with the top Oracle business and tech product priorities
• Working within a larger brand creative team to lend your editorial expertise as writer, editor, and content strategist
• Collaborating with business partners, designers, and program managers to develop creative content
• Bachelor’s degree plus 5+ years’ professional experience writing for external publication, such as journalism or content marketing
• Experience writing long-form articles, with a compelling portfolio of work
• Ability to combine your editorial chops with Oracle’s business strategy, brand strategy, and customer insights to craft engaging and relevant stories
• Ability to write in plain language to various audiences, from finance professionals to technologists
• Skilled at generating ideas and pitching them to your peers, taking direction and feedback, and quickly applying guidance
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and able to manage multiple priorities
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Development of communication programs to promote Oracle's products & services.
Integrate advertising into the marketing campaigns, exercising judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques for best practice / creative solution. As a recognized authority and leading contributor maintain regular interface between the division and Corporate. Plan and manage pan-geography corporate and local campaign media plans. Plan, manage and implement corporate and local campaign advertising creative. Manage tier 2 local advertising and arrange sign off with Corporate. Integrate all advertising across the communications mix. Maintain and communicate brand advertising guidelines. Oversee partner advertising. Develop and manage brand communications audit. Measure advertising effectiveness.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years relevant work experience. A proven track record in advertising across line-of-business and/or geography as an account manager, with experience of creative production and media buying.
This is a remote/office based position which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by lawRead more