Event Coordinator, Community Events
Posting Location : Location Remote US NC
Posting date 10 hours ago(3/11/2021 5:00 AM)
Job ID 85437 Category Field Marketing
The Red Hat Marketing Communications team is looking for an Event Coordinator to join us in Raleigh, NC or remotely. In this role, you will work closely with the Open Source Program Office (OSPO), the Office of the CTO (OCTO), the Engineering team, and other stakeholders to plan and implement Red Hat s sponsorship of... third-party, global open source community events that cater primarily to a technical audience. You will use marketing strategies and your open source technology knowledge to deliver exceptional engagement with Red Hat while collaborating in a cross-functional team environment. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
• Assist and oversee event strategy consisting of planning, implementation, and post-event logistics for in-person, virtual and hybrid third-party events
• Willingness to develop an in-depth knowledge of technology and open source communities with the intention of helping to distill complex knowledge into simplified, accessible content for general audiences
• Cultivate solid, collaborative and effective partnerships with internal stakeholders
• Work collaboratively with external stakeholders and vendors
• Create and implement digital event experiences consisting of email campaigns, social media campaigns, event websites and virtual events
• Assess operational processes by evaluating current practices and implementing new strategies
• Maintain knowledge of event industry trends and best practices to incorporate into future planning
• Oversee event budget management and tracking
• Manage post-event metrics and reporting
• Support Red Hat proprietary and internal events as needed
• Ability or flexibility to work in a hybrid environment, both digital events and in-person events
• 1-3 years of experience with event planning and implementation
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or a comparable degree
• Curiosity for open source software, technology, and culture
• Project management with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously consisting of various cross-functional teams and vendors
• Creative thinking skills with the ability to explore and implement a modern or unconventional approach to problem-solving
• Innovation-driven mindset
• Outstanding problem-solving, communication, and presentation skills
• Motivated with the ability to perform well under pressure
• Ability to problem-solve in fast-changing and fluid situations
• Skilled in process documentation and guideline creation
• Comfortable working in a variety of cultural contexts internationally
• Willingness to travel as needed up to 20% following Red Hat s COVID-19 guidelines
The following are considered a plus:
• Knowledge of open source software
• Familiarity with virtual event platforms like Hopin, Intrado, and Crowdcast
• Familiarity with different marketing and social media software like Salesforce.com (SFDC), Eloqua, Tableau, Twitter, and Instagram
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
• Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
• Retirement 401(k) with employer match
• Paid time off and holidays
• Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
• Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
• Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Interested in this job
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed