Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you... will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this role, you will be engaged in data integration application development focusing on integrations with a broad selection of data sources and data processing technologies. As an experienced engineer, you will also be expected to be able to pick up new technology areas quickly and have previous experience in a variety of programming languages, data management systems, query languages, containerization and orchestration technologies, DevOps tools, and demonstrated agile programming/debugging skills. You will work in a highly collaborative, fast moving environment and be expected to be resilient to changing priorities and initiatives. You will have some exposure to IBM technologies/products as well as many open source technologies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 3+ years industry software development experience
• Working knowledge of Java/J2EE, SQL (DB2 or equivalent),
• Experience in developing APIs, Web Services, REST
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience engineering applications with Microservices architecture
• Experience with containers and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
• Experience with automated testing (both unit and E2E)
• Familiarity with Gradle build automation and Groovy programming language
• Familiarity in CI/CD (Jenkins)
• Familiarity with security protocols
• Familiarity with GitHub
• Familiarity with SparkRead more