As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and... learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The full-stack software engineer must possess strong critical thinking and technical skills, with the ability to holistically analyze a problem from business and technical perspectives. The candidate will demonstrate proficiency with the software development lifecycle, from initial designs to implementation and testing. This person must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, readily understand abstract concepts, and be a quick learner.
• Work closely with stakeholders, translating business requirements into technical designs.
• Design and implement user-friendly, resilient solutions, optimized for use by a large enterprise organization.
• Implement API integration and performance testing at scale.
• Update and maintain system-level documentation, ensuring its accuracy on an ongoing basis.
• Provide innovative solutions to ensure that the selected architecture scales in an Agile fashion.
• Must Have
• Formal degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field OR equivalent work experience.
• 1+ year of full-time enterprise-level software development experience.
• Experience in application design patterns and architecture with strong understanding of object-oriented concepts.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as highly developed interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Quick learner with ability to grasp abstract concepts.
• Team player with a sense of humor.
• Nice To Have
• Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and services (AWS E2, Rackspace, Cloud Foundry, etc.) and/or containerization (Docker, Heroku, etc.).
• Experience with access controls, authentication systems (AWS IAM, etc.).
• Experience with database design, including NoSQL or Graph databases (Mongo, RDF, etc.).
• Experienced or knowledgeable with semantic web or semantic models.
• Experience creating and understanding regular expressions.
• Experience working in an Agile environmentRead more