Zapp is building the future of convenience with a full stack approach to on-demand essential items, 24/7, delivered in minutes. Customer obsession is at the heart of everything we do, and from founders to riders we are relentlessly focused on delighting our customers. We are backed by the world's leading investors and our team has a phenomenal track record of success from the likes of Amazon, Jumia, Deliveroo, Tesco, and Just Eat. If you're ready to help build the world's most customer-focused... company, get in touch.
About the role:
As a Software Development Engineer (Full Stack) at Zapp you are responsible for developing the next generation product discovery experience in our mobile app. We are looking for someone who is motivated to provide an amazing user experience by working end-to-end on both the frontend and backend of the system. Responsibilities will include building server-side functionality as well as implementing the corresponding visual elements and their behaviours on the client side.
• Design client-side and server-side architecture
• Build visually appealing frontend components in React Native
• Develop a highly performant and scalable system architecture
• Engineer an efficient GraphQL API
• Ensure the security of customer data
• Work with designers and developers to develop modern, intuitive user interfaces
• Work in an agile team environment with pair programming, code reviews, and the latest technologies
• Professional experience as a full stack developer with an excellent understanding of both frontend and backend
• Strong TypeScript skills and firm grasp on Node.js
• Experience using React and/or React Native
• Track record of writing different types of software tests and experience with test-driven development
• Strong knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
• Experience working with CI/CD and agile development teams
• Basic knowledge of DevOps in a cloud environment like GCP and/or AWS
• Experience with Serverless functions, Elasticsearch, Python (Django), or mobile app development (Android/iOS) is a plus
• Knowledge of other programming languages (e.g. Go, Java) is a plus
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Competitive salary & equity package
• Enjoy 25 days holiday per year (plus all bank holidays)
• Spend your monthly wellbeing allowance on things that really matter to you - via our Juno benefits programme. This can be anything from veggie boxes, to indoor plants, tax advice and much more
• Private health insurance
• Extended sick pay and maternity / paternity leave pay
• We will contribute 3% to your pension
• Make use of our home office allowance for office supplies
• Benefit from our monthly Zapp order allowance
• Be part of a fast-growing company and a super motivated team
• Stage 1: Quick introduction call
This will be a 20-30 minute chat with one of our internal recruiters at Zapp.
Questions will aim to get a sense of you beyond what is presented on paper, and to run through some housekeeping criteria e.g. right to work, start date etc. It is also a great opportunity for you to ask any questions that you may have about Zapp.
• Stage 2: Hiring manager interview
Here you will be able to speak to your potential manager who will be part of your team at Zapp. This interview will be more Tech & role-specific in order to determine if your previous experience and skills match the job specifications and that our role fits for you. This interview would include a pair programming and Q&A session.
• Step 3: The offer! (this is our favorite stage)
Once the team has decided that you would be an amazing fit for the role, we will waste no time in sending you an offer.