Requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
• Work as part of GIS BIDM globally distributed team to design and implement Hadoop big data solutions in alignment with business... needs and project schedules.
• Code, test, and document new or modified data systems to create robust and scalable applications for data analytics.
• Work with other Hadoop developers to make sure that all data solutions are consistent.
• Partner with business community to understand requirements, determine training needs and deliver user training sessions
• Perform technology and product research to better define requirements, resolve important issues and improve the overall capability of the analytics technology stack.
• Evaluate and provides feedback on future technologies and new releases/upgrades. Job Specific Knowledge:
Supports Big Data and batch/real-time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies. Works on multiple projects as a technical team member or drive user requirement analysis and elaboration, design and development of software applications, testing, and builds automation tools. Participates in creating strategies that use business intelligence and data platforms.
• 7-9 years of data warehousing/engineering, data modeling and software solutions design and development experience.
• Strong hands-on experience with big data systems such hdfs, hive, impala, and spark on Cloudera Hadoop distribution.
• Must me proficient is SPARK, KAFKA and Streaming technologies
• Ability to Research and incubate new technologies and frameworks
• Experience with agile or other rapid application development methodologies and tools like bitbucket, jira, confluence.
• Significant knowledge of data modeling and understanding of different data structures and their benefits and limitations.
• Strong hands-on experience in Python
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
• Deep understand of high tech manufacturing business processes and associated data models/data flows
• An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired, and ambiguity is the norm.
• A passion for technology. We are looking for someone who is keen to leverage their existing skills while trying new approaches.
• Experience with a RDBMS –Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
• Experience collaborating with global teams
• Ability to work independently and collaborative with other staff members.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation communications skills, organizational capabilities, and collaborative interpersonal skills
• Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
• Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
• Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
QualificationsEducation:Bachelor's DegreeSkillsCertifications:Languages:Years of Experience:4 - 7 YearsWork Experience:Additional InformationTravel:Yes, 10% of the TimeRelocation Eligible:Yes
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with DisabilitiesRead more