Indirect Tax Transformation – SAP (Agile Tax)
Our high-profile Indirect Tax Transformation team, based primarily within our London office in the UK, focus on assisting clients with transformation programmes and the operational management of Indirect Taxes. This includes helping clients adapt to the global trend towards tax authority digitisation. They advise clients on a wide range of operational, data and technology projects, such as ERP system Indirect Tax optimisation, process & controls improvements, data analytics and also working with innovative technologies including machine learning and robotics.
The indirect tax transformation team works with a variety of organisations across all sectors and geographies. The business has been growing year on year and in order to seize the opportunities available in the market, the team requires new talent.
A key focus of this Indirect Tax Transformation team is SAP and (under the banner of Agile Tax) we support clients with getting the... most out of their SAP system from a tax perspective. We are a cross taxes multidisciplinary team, applying our range of experiences and skills, knowledge of best practice and practical hands-on experience throughout the SAP project lifecycle. This includes helping clients navigate an SAP implementation ensuring risks are managed and opportunities for tax are well understood and executed, optimise existing SAP set-up to better manage risk, drive efficiencies and reduce cash leakage, as well as implement future-proof solutions to manage taxes in a constantly changing tax and digital landscape.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual to join EY’s specialist Indirect Tax Transformation team, with a focus around driving and managing Indirect Tax SAP advisory work. This role will provide an opportunity to be involved in a fast growth part of the UKI Tax practice. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to lead and manage work with significant multinational clients and to engage with our global EY network, providing a great opportunity to build and expand your corporate network.
Modern tax regulations are highly complex and dynamic, and our clients need our support with understanding what these mean for them in terms of process, data and technology solutions, as well as controls and governance strategy. As an Indirect tax SAP professional at EY, you'll use experience of Indirect tax global rules and requirements, and knowledge of SAP functionality, additional SAP tax applications and third party solutions to help clients identify the right technology tools and manage their systems to deliver tax requirements effectively. The primary role would be to lead and manage engagements with clients and help to maximise the value that their SAP systems can deliver for tax, whether these projects are being implemented for the first time or clients are looking to extract more value from existing system. In turn, we'll help you achieve your potential by giving you business advisory experience and professional development. Our senior tax professionals will support you throughout your career, helping you to grow and become a leader in the tax profession.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Key member of the UKI Indirect Tax Transformation (and Agile Tax) team, leading and managing the delivery of high quality SAP projects and advice to our clients based on practical experience, knowledge and understanding of best practice
• Build and maintain relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
• Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and growing your network
• Contribute to winning new work by supporting the business development and sales process
• Oversee/support with successful delivery of tax elements related to SAP projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business-driven approach taken
• Support the development of new propositions and delivering against the teams objectives
• Develop your Indirect tax and SAP experience and knowledge to deliver high quality service to our clients
• Own your own career path, working hard to build a solid reputation for yourself within EY and externally
Skills And Attributes For Success
• Valuable experiences around Indirect Tax and SAP
• Consulting background preferable but not required - used to interacting with clients and working on large-scale projects
• Proven high quality delivery
• Experience working as a team and leading project teams
• Self-starter, good time manager and able to deal with complexity and competing priorities
• Good communicator and client relationship experience
To qualify for the role you must have
• Indirect Tax experience
• Experience of SAP projects
• Experience working in a team
• Preferable Experience working for a consultancy business (Big 4 or other)
What Working At EY Offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer
• Commitment for support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible
Who We Are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.”Read more