Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of... advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Internet of Things revolution is driving the digital transformation in enterprises and supply chain operations. This will result in millions of devices and systems generating enormous streams of data that needs to be stored and analyzed in real time to provide critical insights into the health, performance and utilization of various components involved. We are delivering cloud based Intelligent IOT Application modules that span the domains of IOT, Big Data, AI/ML to name a few.
We are looking for an accomplished software engineer with passion for problem solving to join the “Internet of Things Cloud” software development team. You will get the opportunity to collaborate with product management and customers to design and implement new SaaS offerings for LOB specific IOT insight applications that bridge Information and Operational Technologies. You will be working with state of art and cutting edge technologies like NoSQL, Big Data, Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence to provide real time insights, predictions and recommendations for real world problems. You will build cloud native applications using Kubernetes, Micro Services on Oracle’s Next Gen Cloud Infrastructure (OCI). Our team provides opportunities of a larger ecosystem but with the speed and agility of a start-up. Working closely with our architects and talented engineers, you will be constantly learning and developing innovative functionality that will help your career growth.
• Design, configure, and implement server features for IOT Cloud Service and Applications to handle the scale of processing billions of events a day
• Code data analysis features, web services, and other components, write unit tests
• Incorporate monitoring and troubleshooting techniques in high velocity data processing analytics pipelines
• Experiment with various technologies and infrastructure components to create new algorithms and processing techniques
• Work with members of the team and participate in the design and development of key features needed to make IOT Applications meet customer needs
• Contribute ideas for continually improving the team's productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality
• Actively mentor junior developers to develop their technical expertise. Provide technical leadership for other engineers
Desired Skills And Experience
• 7+ years of experience in software development.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, & distributed systems.
• Extensive experience with RESTful & Web Services, Oracle DB/ATP, NoSQL, ElasticSearch
• Strong programming skills in Java
• Experience in building micro-services is a plus
• Experience developing Software as a Service on a public cloud
• Background in processing high velocity data with optimal use of resources is desirable
• Extensive hands-on experience as part of a complex software enterprise product development working on architecture, design and implementation
• Organized, good attention to detail, able to work both independently and with a team
• Experience working with distributed teams located around the world on multiple time zones
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent problem solver, analytic thinker, and quick learner
• Knowledge of Scrum & Agile Methodologies
• Take initiative and be responsible for delivering complex software
• BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
Regular Employee Hire