At GDIT we build cutting-edge applications that help the end user accomplish their mission. We are GDIT. We stay at the forefront of innovation to solve complex technical challenges.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own. Bring your creativity to help us find simple solutions to complex problems. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you’ll play an essential part in preparing our nation for the future. Our work depends on an IT Manager joining our team to support CMS Program activities at Windsor Mill, MD.
At GDIT, our employees are driven, resourceful, and unwavering. The IT Manager position will be responsible for leading IT projects in the Salesforce and AWS platforms. You will work directly and report to the Program Manager to ensure the success of all IT aspects of the program, including team leadership, client relationships, management of contract execution, oversight of strategic initiatives, vendor relationships, and other support responsibilities. This person will bring... industry and professional guidance to the Salesforce IT project team to build superior delivery capabilities. In this role, the IT manager will provide technical leadership and hands-on administrative support for the program. The successful candidate will be known as a Salesforce expert internally and externally.
In this role, a typical day will include:
• Develops an understanding of strategic business needs and provides insight and recommendations to program leadership for technological solutions to meet business objectives
• Provide technical leadership and hands-on administrative support to the IT project team. Be part of all aspects of IT from day-to-day management, ensures projects are completed on time and according to the highest quality standards
• Lead client engagements, including marketing and proposal development, delivery, and execution, and provide leadership to a team of business analysts, technologists, and quality assurance specialists.
• Leads and facilitates IT related continuous improvement initiatives and activities
• Ensures that Salesforce & AWS systems operate at all times; troubleshoots system and technology issues for all areas of the program; administers complex configuration, integration, and maintenance of Salesforce environments
• Drives client objectives and goals to completion by leveraging strong collaborations across internal and external stakeholders
• Manages software development or engineering professionals directly and offers leadership, coaching, and training; acts as advisor to subordinates to meet schedules and resolve technical problems.
• Manage workload for team members and report on project/tasks assignments of all team members on a weekly basis.
• Assess engagement performance, risks, issues, and impact on solution and service delivery commitments, client relationship
• Build and maintain high-performance teams
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years of managerial and supervisory experience preferred
• Strong IT Management experience working in Salesforce platform
• PMP Certification
• Experience managing small and large teams for both Waterfall, ITIL, and Agile development frameworks.
• 3-5 years administering Salesforce or other front/back office systems
• Advanced computer skills and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs with an emphasis on Excel and Outlook
• Salesforce.com Certifications
• Candidate Must Be A US Citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this position.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• CSM and ITIL certifications
• Health Care Industry or Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) experience (5-7 yrs. preferred)
• Experience managing budgets and forecasting for small to medium contracts including staffing, proposal, and subcontract management
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
• Full-flex work week
• 401K with company match
• Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around you
• Diverse, highly collaborative teams
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected classRead more