We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion... (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Java Developer - Engineer-1
• Working for Project Delivery Group in MPTS
• Team is responsible for the design, development and testing of products as per business requirements defined for the MPTS project/customization roadmap
• Understand & deliver the requirements for new applications and customization adhering to MasterCard Standards, specifications, processes and best practices
• Provide support for applications software through programming, analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions
• Documentation of various artifacts as per the software engineering processes
• Manage medium-sized project/initiatives as an individual contributor with advanced knowledge within discipline, leading a segment of several initiatives or a larger initiative or may formally supervise a small team, and assigns day-to-day work
• Designs and develops applications, system to system interfaces and complete software solutions, performs vendor-related activities and creates documentation such as user guides and software development guides
• Develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical/functional requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget
• Responsible for programming, unit testing, documentation, maintenance and support of systems application software in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices
• Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs current and upcoming technologies and frameworks
• Significant advanced code development, code review, modest day-to-day support duties, Responsible for code reviews
• Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions for problems and independently perform assigned tasks
• Support collection and reporting of project and software metrics. Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency
• Document software programs per Software Development Best Practices. Follow MasterCard Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes, Managing security best practices in product code, design, infrastructure and architecture
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience
• Expertize in Java, J2EE, Struts, Web Services (REST, SOAP), Spring boot, Spring MVC, Spring 4.0, iBatis, Apache Wicket, concurrency and threading, Collections
• Understanding of Web/Application servers like JBoss, Apache Tomcat. Good to have knowledge of Webseal, F5, ESB, Payment domain knowledge
• Multi-tiered Web application deployment knowhow, Capability of building high quality, highly secured & high performing payment processing solution
• Knowledge of tools like Sonar, Dynatrace, GIT/SVN, ALM, CI (Jenkin / Bamboo)/CD, Splunk
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – with strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills
• Proven experience in SDLC & implementation of Projects
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment, skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-146368Show full descriptionCollapse