Job Title: Java Developer
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control... Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Java Developer for various MCAs developed for various services in BUK
What will you be doing?
• Understand the various phases of the software development lifecycle.
• Undertake impact assessment of change requests against applications / products within domain.
• Create/Review component designs & builds to ensure compatibility with the end-to-end system design.
• Create/Review test strategies to guarantee the quality of the delivered system, assist in the diagnosis of system problems encountered during testing.
• Collaborate with other component design and build teams, ensuring that end-to-end system design is followed.
• Ensure that technical engineering quality standards / benchmarks are met, taking remedial action where there are quality shortfalls.
• Complete technically-complex assignment work to budget, time and quality requirements.
• Document all work in accordance with agreed standards, and with re-use in mind.
• Where system development is part of a wider set of interdependent systems changes, collaborate with the Systems Designers from the other areas to ensure end-to-end technical integrity of the development, leading this collaboration when required.
• Identify development needs of staff in the system engineering component team and assist them in addressing their development needs through guidance and coaching.
• Contribute to operational objectives of wider team and support any organisational transformation initiatives.
• Evaluate and review emerging system engineering methods, tools and standards. Look for ways to apply as appropriate.
• Identify own development needs and proactively drive development of own capability, using all available means, to achieve world class standards.
What we’re looking for:
• End-to-end software development lifecycle
• Software development methodologies, e.g. waterfall, agile
• Awareness of leading-edge tools, techniques and services within IT
• Software development consisting of some of the following languages and technologies:
o J2EE Frameworks (Spring, Springboot)
o Databases (Oracle / DB2 / SQL / IMS DEDB )
o Webservices / knowledge of WSDL – SOAP & REST
o JQuery / HTML5 / CSS
o XML & XML Java Parsers (xsd, dtd)
o Application servers (Websphere, Weblogic, JBoss, Tomcat)
o Version Control Software (Clearcase / SVN / CVS / Git)
• Responsible for interacting with staff across the Business and IT functions including but not limited to:
o IT Architects
o Service Managers
o Technology Project Managers
o Business Change Managers
o SI Partners and 3rd parties
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Provide input to the Product/Project Manager(s) to help identify and engage the engineering resources needed to ensure the success of the project.
• Provide input to the technical development approach of a project, balancing cost, time, quality and risk.
• Assist in the identification, management and resolution of technical Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies (RAIDs).
• Assist Product/Project Manager(s) in controlling projects and reporting progress, providing input from a technology perspective.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our flexible working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with usRead more