Job Title: Java Developer
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all... stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
This individual will be responsible for technical delivery within the OneReg IT Team to meet our Trade and Reporting responsibilities.
• The role is of Java Developer and is required to work on the OneReg apps
• Design and develop high level solution for end to end data flow and reporting solution for OneReg
• Support and complete deployment of various BAU and Strategic work under TTR.
What will you be doing?
• This role requires both hands-on development, plus some overall development planning responsibilities i.e. Effort estimation by providing timelines with no. of resources required
• Decision making capability with respect to development scope, timelines, quality and risk and communicate all decisions to the PM and escalate issues to Management in a timely manner
• Identifying development scope from project documentation, liaise with business and PM in order to understand the scope of development
• Work closely with business analysts to ensure appropriate coverage and discover any loop holes
• Ensure functionality is developed against requirements, validate that the solution is fit for purpose and supports the full end-to-end client business process.
• Align activities to strategic goals of programme and the firm such as Agile, DevOps, Lean, etc
• Work closely with Run the Bank and Operations team and assist them with resolving queries from business and external or internal auditors
• Communicate effectively and with clarity with the teams across different locations and cultural backgrounds
What we’re looking for:
• 4+ years of Core Java experience
• 4+ years of experience in the areas of Multithreading, Memory management and handling high volumes
• of data processing
• Excellent Enterprise Java, Frameworks, SQL and Interface Technology knowledge
• JVM performance tuning, garbage collection optimisation experience will be helpful
• Knowledge of investment banking front to back processes and Operations.
• Database experience is required, knowledge of RDBMS SQL Server is preferred
• SQL, PL/SQL experience is mandatory
• Good experience with medium-large scale projects
• Good experience with Agile methodologies and java technologies
• Quick learner, self-Starter with ability to drive execution
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with business and technology stakeholders
• Structured approach to problem solving and ability to manage parallel streams of work
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Good experience of regulatory projects (particularly in the areas of Operations)
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with usRead more