This position leads the design, development and maintenance of our internal and external applications and web services. This position oversees the work of other Java developers; documents the technical scope and architecture for new development; architects and writes code; contributes to the development of vision and goals for the web technology; and ensures quality and integrity of software.
• Lead development effort on assigned... projects.
• Understand and work within the SDLC methodology in an agile environment and recommend process improvements.
• Capture the application development requirements in a feature driven environment.
• Contribute to and utilize programming guidelines/standards.
• Provide training, mentoring, and coaching to other developers.
• Understand dataflow and integrations of key system areas to enable solution design and bug resolution.
• Understand both server side and client-side development and contribute to the design of user interfaces and web services to streamline processing.
• Interact with the business during the requirements gathering process.
• Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field (e.g., computer science, information technology, etc.) or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• 7+ years of Java Development required.
• Extensive experience (10+ years) in software development is required.
• Nice to have experience or knowledge in the following: Angular JS, Angular, jQuery, Jasmine, Karma, Git, Kubernetes, Apache Camel, RabbitMQ, Drupal, Eclipse, STS, Webstorm, PL/SQL, Jira
• Experience developing project estimates, helping with requirements gathering, system design, creating agile stories, supporting release process, and working in an agile environment.
• Experience contributing to project plans, ensuring timely delivery and effective risk management.
• Strong customer service orientation. Able to serve as an advocate for internal customers as well as the end users for all projects. Responds promptly to team needs; solicits feedback to improve service.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong time management and organizational skills with an attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities effectively.
• Strong problem-solving skills. Able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; ability to gather and analyze information skillfully. Able to develop alternative solutions that demonstrate innovative and analytical approaches to resolutions. Able to work well in group problem solving situations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; collegial, energetic, able to develop productive relationships with colleagues and consultants.
• Demonstrates dedication to quality management.
• Dedicated team player who considers others’ opinions and adapts to change effectively.
• Motivated to support the company goals; is creative, flexible; able to work both independently and in teams; able to think imaginatively about opportunities; able to respond with novel and innovative approaches to addressing an issue; able to inspire others to work towards achieving team goalsRead more