**Systems Engineering - Project Delivery Specialist - Lead Mainframe Developer**
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A system's professional who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced Mainframe Developer, you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel.
• *Work you'll do/Responsibilities**
• You will work as a Team Lead Mainframe Onsite Coordinator/Developer with... additional responsibilities working as a Scrum Master for a small team.
• You will work on a wide variety of technical environments and must have skills in Mainframe, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, CICS, Assembler, ENDEVOR, Xpediter, FILE-AID, CA7, ABEND AID, and DB2MQ
• You will work with the Client Manager and the team to help them in requirement analysis, prioritization, and release planning.
• You will design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications.
• You will investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, provides fixes and workarounds, and reviews changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
• You will work within a team, collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, provide comments and suggestions, work with cross functional teams to achieve goals.
• You will work on both maintenance and development projects.
• You will provide on-call assistance as needed.
• You will be encouraged to actively look for innovation and continuous improvement, efficiency in all assigned tasks.
• *The Team**
The US Systems Engineering Offering delivers large scale software applications and integrated systems and assists its clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. The practice aims at developing service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems. It would focus on key client issues that impact the core business by delivering operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation.
• *Qualifications Required**
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience.
• Project Delivery Specialist: 7 - 10 years of experience
• Hands on experience in a mainframe environment - COBOL, JCL, VSAM, CICS, Assembler, ENDEVOR, Xpediter, FILE-AID, CA7, ABEND AID, DB2, MQ.
• BS/MS degree in an associated field with at least 7 years of experience.
• Familiarity of working in an Agile framework.
• Should have good experience in mainframe development, unit testing, production deployment, and application break fix.
• Hands-on experience in both maintenance and development projects.
• Demonstrate skills in coordinating activities, evaluating data, problem-solving and decision-making.
• A basic understanding of support methodologies like ITIL is desired and should have familiarity with different metrics and SLAs.
• Self-motivated and able to take the initiative to resolve technical issues.
• Must live in or be willing to relocate to Columbus, GA
• Limited Sponsorship may be available
• Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• *Preferred Qualifications**
• Experience of Insurance industry.
• Scrum Master Certification.
• *How you'll grow**
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
• *Deloitte's culture**
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. (
• *Corporate citizenship**
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. (
• *Recruiter tips**
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. (
Category: Software Engineering, Development & Testing
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable lawRead more