At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Linux Administrator, you are responsible for installation... implementation, customization, operation, recovery and performance tuning with proven knowledge of the fundamental concepts and technologies associated with Linux Operating Systems
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can
• Involved in crafting, running and monitoring the infrastructure to support UNIX-Linux Server
• Implement Distributed Queuing on various platforms.
• Implement Triggering and work on both Channel and Application Triggering by configuring channel Initiators and Trigger Monitors.
• Implement Clustering mechanism to reduce the administrative tasks.
• Work on Client-Server architecture for one-to-one and one to many connections.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Minimum 2+ years of experience in IT Industry
• Mandatory Certification on RHCE & Red Hat Enterprise Linux® Diagnostics and Troubleshooting & Red Hat Performance Tuning: Linux in Physical,Virtual, and Cloud
• Knowledge on Ansible or openshift, exposure to AWS or Azure (Preferably)
• Scripting Knowledge is must on any of Bash or Python or Perl
• Hands-on EMC PowerPath along with experience in SAN and NAS storage
• Ability to work independently with Vendor to resolve issues ( OS and Hardware)
Hands-on knowledge Oracle Disks ( ASM)
• Proficient in HP, IBM Servers and Hardware Troubleshooting
• Working knowledge of Incident and Change Management
• Expertise in Linux Cluster configuration and troubleshooting
• Experienced to articulate standard Methodologies for during implementations
• Prior experience in creating SOPs and documentation and Server Hardening
• Solid experience in calculating Risk and solving vulnerabilities
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
• Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
• Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
• Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing, publications
• You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become the expert you want to be
• You’ll learn directly from experienced developers in the field, our team leads love to mentor
• You’ll have the opportunity to work in different areas to figure out what really excites you.
• NoneRead more