Req Id: 371451
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s Field Services team is proud to be the face of the Bell brand, performing the best installation and repair services and maintaining Bell’s network for our residential and business customers.
As a DevOps Engineer, you are passionate about developing, delivering and maintaining efficient, repeatable and agile analytics solutions. You are curious to learn new approaches and techniques and keep up with market evolution. You look forward to joining a dynamic team of developers, analysts and data scientists responsible for end-to-end BI/AI/ML solutions for Bell's field services team.
As a... Developer, Machine Learning Engineering on the Bell Field BI Team, you will work closely with internal business primes, business analysts, data scientists, data engineers and software developers to rapidly create and deliver business insights that solve business problems. You will lead the development and deployment of automated ML pipelines and analytics solutions to solve specific business problems. You will gather business requirements and implement automated solutions that bring value to the business. Solutions may include hardware, software, or business processes. They will typically involve the movement, processing, and enrichment of data as it goes through a pipeline.
A key goal will be to bring consistency, reuse, and automation to the development of data pipelines and applications. You will help develop an agile, automated, and accelerated data supply chain that continuously improves and delivers value to the business.
If you love…
- DevOps. We are committed to following modern practices - CI/CD, Infra-As-Code, etc
- Automation. You will have plenty of opportunities to automate tedious tasks using modern tools and your ingenuity
- Support. You will maintain production system, troubleshoot issues affecting customers and fix outages
…then, you are the perfect fit for our team! We want to get to know you.
• Automate provisioning and configuration of environments using infrastructure-as-code techniques
• Assist with APIs for ML model serving.
• Work with an agile team to develop, test, and maintain Infrastructure and supporting application
• Participate in the Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CICD) cycle
• Develop preventive measures and build documentation
• Develop and help maintain a virtualized / Containerized Infrastructure
• Build and maintain the infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines
• Contribute to project meeting and report on issue status
• Maintain and improve the performance of existing infrastructure
• Resolve operational problems in timely fashion, handle escalated issues and follow up on outstanding items promptly
We are seeking a candidate that has passion for ML and automation with the following:
Key Technical Competencies:
• 2+ years of experience with Linux operating systems with different flavors CentOS and Debian
• Good knowledge of Windows operating systems
• Solid understanding of virtualization solutions (Openshift, Kubernetes, Docker)
• Knowledge of security principles is an asset Good expertise with Test Driven Development (Molecule, Jfrog/Xray, Claire, SonarQube)
• Good expertise of CI/CD pipelines using Gitlab Runners and/or Jenkins Knowledge of monitoring software (Prometheus, Alert-Manager)
• Deep knowledge of programming, Design Patterns and Software Architecture (Python, flask, bash, .NET)
• Solid understanding of API driven solutions Solid knowledge in data ingestion and enrichment (Logstach, Elasticsearch, and Kafka)
Key Personal Competencies:
• Critical thinker - demonstrated ability to tackle complex problems effectively
• Efficient at prioritizing tasks and manage balance between long-term goals and short-term emergencies. Team player - ability to work with a wide range of geographically distributed teammates
• Great communicator - ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
• Avid learner - continuous learner of all things technical and process
• Focus driven - ability to manage stress and pressure in a collaborative environment
• Transformational agent - agile and ability to mobilize resources and execute on critical initiatives needed to transform our business
• Autonomous and self-organized
#talent #tech #indeed #LI-JW1 #LI-Hybrid
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/15/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 EmployersShow full description